Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton Player test positive for the virus.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Odd statement considering he has the 3rd highest number of completed passes at the club. :dunce::dunce: :ffsparr:

I'd like to apologise, everyone. It seems my attempt at a humorous aside wasn't 100% factually accurate. I am indebted to Plooks for telling me in no uncertain terms that I'm wrong and suffice to say any future humorous quips will not be posted until they have been 100% fact-checked and verified (preferably by three different, independent sources), even if it means a delay of up to 6 weeks.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Would be humorous if you picked a player with a known poor passing stat, not a player known for his accurate passing. Its like saying Buffon didn't get caronavirus, but then he can't catch anything.

7996A74B-8015-4B9B-8855-7091264F6CC4.jpeg

First rule of comedy, Spike: you must have reality.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9341956 said:
Still feels like we're a long way away from restarting the season. Feels like people are in denial about what a long term situation this will be.

Many are, aided and abetted by a Premier League management who are crapping bricks at the thought of all the lost revenue. Economics will inevitably and unfortunately win out over health - you've only got to look at the government loosening the lockdown rules when people are still contacting the virus and dying in their hundreds.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Many are, aided and abetted by a Premier League management who are crapping bricks at the thought of all the lost revenue. Economics will inevitably and unfortunately win out over health - you've only got to look at the government loosening the lockdown rules when people are still contacting the virus and dying in their hundreds.

The lockdown was all about protecting our NHS from being overrun and swamped with too many CV patients.
The side effect of this is that lives would be saved.
Now that it is emerging that the NHS has capacity, lockdown rules will be relaxed with the inevitable impact of increased CV cases / deaths.
Only if our NHS is looking to be overrun will the relaxed lockdown need to tighten again - this has to be reactive to what happens.

Sadly, the option of remaining in lockdown will not be allowed to continue at the expense of the economy and this will cost lives.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

The lockdown was all about protecting our NHS from being overrun and swamped with too many CV patients.
Now that it is emerging that the NHS has capacity, lockdown rules will be relaxed with the inevitable impact of increased CV cases / deaths.
Only if our NHS is looking to be overrun will the relaxed lockdown need to tighten again - this has to be reactive to what happens.

Sadly, the option of remaining in lockdown will not be allowed to continue at the expense of the economy and this will cost lives.

Sadly, I agree with both of you

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Alan Nixon at the Sun with his play-at-all-costs agenda wants us to name our players that have tested positive.

He is clearly very rattled, and has been very close to implying things he shouldn't imply.

He's scum.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I partially agree with you.

But it’s not just the economy. It’s mental health, and other treatments which have been suspended. Lives will be lost if we continue the lockdown too.

There are empty beds in my partners hospital because people are too scared but also because the hospital was totally geared to a massive influx of patients who never came.

I accept covid will claim more lives but we can’t just continue a tight lockdown on what “might” happen. We know the economy has gone to shit, we know people are suffering mentally and we know people are dying of cancer. These need to be dealt with now.

I’m not saying we should lift the lockdown. But there has to be a managing of the situation where we are all reminded that covid is not the be all and end all of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
IMHO Boris just killed project restart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here