Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    Members Bold Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hove
    Posts
    22,958


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. I think it's very unfair. I really can't see why they should be treated any differently. It's still players and fans that deserve to have their seasons finished.
    I think the reality is it would cost the smaller clubs more to finish the season than those that enjoy big crowds and revenue. Couple of thoughts:
    1. Many smaller clubs rarely have players on longer term contracts. Many go from year to year, and therefore many players will be out of contract come June. It is probably going to be extremely difficult for clubs to retain a squad into the summer to finish the season as players will be looking for new contracts for next season.

    2. Most rely on small amounts from match day sponsors etc. which is unlikely to happen in the current climate in the summer. I don't see many local businesses having money to sponsor matches in the summer.

    3. It will probably cost them a loss to stage these games, and actually be able to put them on.

    Really difficult to take for fans and players I agree, can't see they have any choice though.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      28,497


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No Promotion or relegation below national league level just announced.
      Harsh on those due to be promoted like Worthing FC, currently 7 points clear at the top of the Isthmian Premier League.

      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52052351
      Good to see the lower leagues showing common sense. Here's hoping their big brothers follow their good example.

      Quote Originally Posted by jonny.rainbow View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Perhaps the prize money per place can still be awarded based on the league position when the season was suspended.
      That would make common sense too. The fairest solution (in a situation where no solution is going to be entirely satisfactory).
    • #13
      Ex-Gibseagull Surf's Up's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      8,166


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by loz View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      East Grinstead staying up
      I saw them at Whitehawk not so long ago - they were truly shocking and it was only Whitehawk's ineptitude in front of goal that saved them from a massacre
      برايتون حتى أموت
    • #14

      0 Not allowed!
      The void decisions are creeping up the leagues....................... .............
    • #15
      Members Lower West Stander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      3,420


      1 Not allowed!
      Cmon - letís make it right up to the Premiership.

      As well as the obvious benefit for us, it would be hysterical to see the faces of Liverpool and Leeds fans.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • #16

      0 Not allowed!
      Legal challenges already threatened. Even at that level.
      'I've been forbidden from announcing anymore targets or deadlines'
    • #17

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lower West Stander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Cmon - let’s make it right up to the Premiership.

      As well as the obvious benefit for us, it would be hysterical to see the faces of Liverpool and Leeds fans.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Would you say that if Albion were ten points clear at the top of Div 2 ?
      'I've been forbidden from announcing anymore targets or deadlines'
    • #18
      Members atfc village's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Lower Bourne .Farnham
      Posts
      4,299


      0 Not allowed!
      Jersey 27 out of 27 in Combined Counties,that is tough . On the other hand when at it will be void We'll stay in the conference again.
      In The ex Legion now known as Lower Bourne Social Club again
    • #19
      Members Lower West Stander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      3,420


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Would you say that if Albion were ten points clear at the top of Div 2 ?
      Course not! 😉
    • #20
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century
      Posts
      18,311


      0 Not allowed!
      Shame, if they just put 2 or 3 teams in the Prem, you could have promotion in every league of the ladder without relegation, clubs who have done well get rewarded whereas those who have slipped up get a season to sort themselves out. No need for bitterness or lawsuits
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •