NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t really think that people are hounding him because they don’t have savings, I think it’s because it’s an insensitive and wanky thing to say regardless of what position you’re in. I’m lucky enough to have put away a little bit of money, it’s difficult to access but it’s there if I need it. I’m not going to post about how ****ing great I am and how everyone else is an idiot for not having the same opportunity.

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But have you truly lived a life though? Have you been generous in supporting your loved ones out of your precious savings and investments, donated generously to charities from your funds?

I’ve worked with incredibly tight colleagues, the watch the pennies and the pounds the look after themselves types, squirrelling away almost all their disposable income into building society accounts and ISA’s. Knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing.

On a dullard’s journey to be the richest guy in the graveyard.

That's such an elegant post. :bowdown:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But have you truly lived a life though? Have you been generous in supporting your loved ones out of your precious savings and investments, donated generously to charities from your funds?

I’ve worked with incredibly tight colleagues, the watch the pennies and the pounds the look after themselves types, squirrelling away almost all their disposable income into building society accounts and ISA’s. Knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing.

You're definitely on form through this crisis. :D

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So are you. Love the way you’re not petty party politicising discussions, and I didn’t realise you had another string to your bow with a full understanding of tax stuff where others are talking broad-brush poo.

:bowdown:

Thanks W, that's cheered me up this morning, much appreciated, and keep up the good fight yourself. Let's cheers a virtual pint. :cheers:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
4a3dbc0add58f746be1b14e839d2c265.jpg
This is all I have for a rainy day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
85 posts in five years and you start a column which tells us of your prudence and perfect economic house management.

Perhaps some of other 'frivolous' expenditure was simple, supporting and trying to give their families and themselves a standard of living they deserve.

Perhaps they weren't expecting the fourth horseman of the apocalypse to turn up.

Perhaps they couldn't save. Perhaps they have now lost their jobs. Perhaps they are worried as all hell.

So perhaps you should take time to think before you enter the NSC pulpit and start making Jacob Rees-Mogg sound like Karl Marx.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment 100% I have to say that if I saw the first 3 horsemen of the apocalypse I would most definitely be expecting the fourth one to turn up real soon! :moo:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whilst I agree with the sentiment 100% I have to say that if I saw the first 3 horsemen of the apocalypse I would most definitely be expecting the fourth one to turn up real soon! :moo:

Yes, I am inaccurate here. 'Pestilence' was the first of the horseman. In biblical doctrine anyway.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

This.

Plus he sounds like a total bell.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don’t really think that people are hounding him because they don’t have savings, I think it’s because it’s an insensitive and wanky thing to say regardless of what position you’re in. I’m lucky enough to have put away a little bit of money, it’s difficult to access but it’s there if I need it. I’m not going to post about how ****ing great I am and how everyone else is an idiot for not having the same opportunity.

Precisely

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gloating and insensitive post, what a shit head

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I wish I’d written that...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At least you two have umbrellas.

All I've got is a hole in the ground...

... and I'm grateful for it.

A hole in the ground? You're lucky. I can only dream of a hole in the ground. A handfull of gravel on a bumpy outcrop is where I rest my head.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're lucky. My patch of gravel is covered in nettles and dogshit. And , worse than that, Tim Hodges lives next door.

Luxury. I dream of Tim dogshit. I have to share my bit of gravel with Doogie Freedman, who keeps me awake at night by singing 'Glad all Over', in gaelic.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I bet you've got a cupboard full of bog roll that you obtained by elbowing old ladies into the cereal isle.

There is an island made of cereal? Hopefully Sugar Puffs.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Exactly. I know someone who earns about 10 x what I do , but he spends almost nothing helping his kids out when he could help them so much .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here