Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That rainy day has come.

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
I was always told to put a bit by for a rainy day. I’m glad I took that advice now as it’s times like this you need something to fall back on.
However there seems to be a lack of forethought by many. People need to ask themselves whether some of the frivolous expenditure they have made in the past would have been better spent on rainy day saving.
Many people will have the make some stark choices over their priorities in the coming months.
Government has your safety as their concern but the responsibility is yours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was always told to put a bit by for a rainy day. I’m glad I took that advice now as it’s times like this you need something to fall back on.
However there seems to be a lack of forethought by many. People need to ask themselves whether some of the frivolous expenditure they have made in the past would have been better spent on rainy day saving.
Many people will have the make some stark choices over their priorities in the coming months.

You're fortunate to have had enough to put aside for a rainy day. Many people make stark choices every week on how much they can afford to spend on rent, food etc. Many people live hand to mouth.
I've had savings and then had a large unexpected bill which has wiped them out again.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

I know what you mean. :ffsparr:
th.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Imagine being a member somewhere for 6 years and then using your 84th post to make yourself look like an arrogant, selfish tit. People are strange.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Thank you for that insight poindexter.
I realise you might think you're giving advice, but coming on here and spouting 'I told you so' bollox isn't really helpful.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I doubt even 1% of the population have a rainy day fund. And even if they do I doubt it is sufficient for this total meltdown.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

:tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

If only there was a better emoji

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My rainy day fund is a not too bad pension pot.

Unfortunately, rules is rules and I can't do a drawdown for 3 years.

Obviously there are scammers out there trying to get at it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The principle is sound but very few will have the ability to put much away for a rainy day. I was always advised to do this by my folks and never managed to accumulate more than a few hundred quid so I'm in the same boat as the majority.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Managed to save up 5k for a family holiday to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary in April through hard work and sacrifice. Have probably lost the lot to a credit note.

Take your sanctimonious gloating somewhere else.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My rainy day fund is a not too bad pension pot.

Unfortunately, rules is rules and I can't do a drawdown for 3 years.

Obviously there are scammers out there trying to get at it.

When I passed 55 I was bombarded by scum looking to charge thousands for something you can do yourself or a good IFA would do for a reasonable fee, take care

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here