Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Online Games to play with friends/family

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Been doing the video calls with friends/family to keep in touch and try and keep people entertained but material is running dry seeing as we're all doing so little. Anyone got any recommendations of games/quizzes you can play online with other people you know at the same time?? I know of a few people streaming pub quiz type things but probably missing a few of these plus there must be some other activities you can do online with friends together??

Over to the sages of NSC for help.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Been doing the video calls with friends/family to keep in touch and try and keep people entertained but material is running dry seeing as we're all doing so little. Anyone got any recommendations of games/quizzes you can play online with other people you know at the same time?? I know of a few people streaming pub quiz type things but probably missing a few of these plus there must be some other activities you can do online with friends together??

:thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
[tweet]1243465572786024449[/tweet]

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The game of choice that has really taken off in our house with our 5 year old twins has been the old ' Guess Who '. It's all getting very competitive!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Common idea seems to have a game of bingo or alike with as many households you can muster on a video call app.

Mirror it to your TV, a few fine wines and Fanny's your Aunt apparently.

Question based games such as Trivial Pursuit would work I should imagine, as would those charardey/guessing miming games.

The one that might struggle is the awful Speak Out.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Muffin or Chihuahua?

E039996C-DC64-4944-BAB3-E2786F4D1C48.jpeg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Probably not what you had in mind but maybe for others...

I've now discovered Tabletop Simulator (need Steam, which is free, but costs £15).

People have programmed in *lots* of real world board and card games and TTS allows you access to them to play.

There is a learning curve in terms of using the table and only a few games are scripted so normally you are doing the dice, cards, rules, scores yourself rather than the computer. But once you are over the initial hurdle of learning how to move things around the table, roll dice, shuffle cards, find counters, etc it is fantastic.
Every game always has a rulebook so it's a chance to learn lots of new weird and wonderful board games you might never know about.

All the games are free so the outlay is capped at £15 each (or £45 for 4 users) and it works on any reasonable spec PC or laptop that can run handle Steam. You *don't* need fancy graphics cards or anything, just a headset so you can all talk/hear each other.

I can recommend...
Coup. Bluffing card game. Really simple and lots of fun.

Pandemic. Cooperative boardgame (so you work as a team to beat the game, not each other). Very topical. Quite complex but worth it.

Red Dragon Inn. Silly card/dice game about getting everyone else drunk and thrown out of the Inn, while trying to stay sober and awake yourself. Complex to set up first time but easy to play once you are familiar with the rules.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here