Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any other US based Seagulls received their US Census 2020 pack

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Got mine recently, pretty straightforward to complete online. I suppose all the normal bureaucracy goes on just the same. Maybe they should have a question on whether you think there are enough hospitals?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
What is it with Americans and weird names for roads - the return address on the envelope is 100 Logistics Avenue, Indiana.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Got mine recently, pretty straightforward to complete online. I suppose all the normal bureaucracy goes on just the same. Maybe they should have a question on whether you think there are enough hospitals?

Did mine when it arrived last week. I did hear (again, last week I think) that the Census organization had put house-to-house visits on hold for the time being, and were keen for as many people as possible to complete it online to reduce the need for visits in due course.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
What is it with Americans and weird names for roads - the return address on the envelope is 100 Logistics Avenue, Indiana.

I know. There is a commercial estate near me with the road name ‘Technology Dr’. :ffsparr:

I filled out my census yesterday took all of 10 minutes online. Riveting stuff.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Did mine online last week. As mentioned before, took 10 minutes. :thumbsup: “Time for tea” said Zebedee.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

If it includes the "zip code" there is no need for a town name.

100 Logistics Ave. Jeffersonville, Indiana 47130-4675

It's on the southern side of Indiana in a suburb of Louisville, Kentucky.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...8a8d30e51b19303!8m2!3d38.3834015!4d-85.686075

The US Census surveys seem to be going to a warehouse in southern Indiana where they are probably entered into a computer

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.382...4!1s7h1T95KsyG_SVMTDdUtFqw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

What I have learned is that in Indiana if the address is in a rural area the city name defaults to the "county seat" or place of government for the county. In this case this rural address which is not within any city limit has been given to Jeffersonville by default because it is the county seat of Clark County, Indiana.

yWvNURVN3hFgVsl66mWkEVyXmmNMmF1aXhGabvxw-PJ2XcOTZTMb39YvAJGQTCUedAR8IGKXIRpQrzVr2ZMH0T1i5aGBCIS8pM8fziF-pekzQZnhjA4xPNy8Rn42zMk4QW_Vte9HVs6JgqOU7qrSJWEfXvXi

So as not to confuse any of the lorry drivers the US Census Department and US Postal Service have designated it as 100 Logistics Ave, Indiana and I'm sure they all have been warned those millions of envelopes addressed that way go to that warehouse on the Indiana side of the Louisville suburbs.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I also noticed that the company next door to the US Census Department warehouse is called AR Logistics and my guess is that the people running the Clark County, Indiana government in Jeffersonville named it Logistics Ave. for the company AR Logistics because they brought many good jobs to their county which adds to the tax money coffers in that county.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here