Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Any chance of putting the words up on the big screen next time so I can join in?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Very decent effort plus some fireworks. Poxy American style whooping ruined it but I've spoken to the Missus and she's promised not to do it again

There's always one who has to spoil it for everybody else.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not an overly emotional guy, at least sober, but that was incredibly moving. The whole of our road was out. Magnificent

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm not an overly emotional guy, at least sober, but that was incredibly moving. The whole of our road was out. Magnificent

I felt much the same. I didn't expect much to be happening, but there was everyone, leaning out of their windows, and making a positive holler. Inside the 4 walls that have me i am under strict instructions to not share a word with anyone, to even help no one if they need it, as i'll bring death to our doorstep, and this felt, even for a moment, to be a thought outside, of others, of what they gallantly do in the face of danger, and, god damnit, how briefly grateful we are. It had these ever-dry tearducts of mine begin to swell, and i hope i get to hear more of such just cheers.

el punal

Well, Mrs P and me did our bit with the neighbours. Our two neighbourly nurses Tracy and Helen made an appearance to thank us for the support. One telling thing though, Mrs.Punal asked Tracy if she was worried. I wasn’t, she replied, but it’s all changing now and we’re expecting a huge increase in cases from now on. Worrying times indeed.

Thank you NHS and all those trying to make us safe, I, we, appreciate it. :clap2:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think most of my neighbours in this part of Bevendean were outside making a decent noise, nice to see some of the older ones in their windows. Strangely felt a bit emotional.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My friends sister is a senior theatre sister, she told him they’ve had the briefing as she is being redeployed to a different role.
She told him it was the most frightening thing she had ever heard.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I have made a point of telling the supermarket staff what an amazing job they are doing and that they are massively appreciated. Say thanks, be nice, be more nice than you usually would even if you are normally nice.

It does actually all make a difference. Woman on the checkout earlier nearly cried when I said that they are so important and that they're basically heroes like the NHS workers.

Without these people we'd be f****d.

Just like the lorry drivers, the people keeping the National Grid going, the internet etc etc etc.

All doing a fantastic job. I shall be applauding all of them.
This all day long .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
‘Clap for our carers’

Sh it ..... you’d think they’d had it hard enough already...

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
On again tonight gang, and every Thursday until we beat this thing. Let the binfest(ival) commence. Fortunately I’m working lates this evening, but I did go out of my way to thank the staff I dealt with at my local supermarket yesterday, saying how much they’re appreciated and undervalued, so my conscience is clear.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
More pots and pans out in abundance.

giphy.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports