Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We did it. Not only for front liners, but our neighbour's daughter is a nurse and they are worried for her. We did to give them a lift and it did:smile:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Outside of football, I'm not really one for big public shows of affection. But I just stepped outside my front door and all I could hear through the darkness was people applauding, cheering and banging pots and pans. I found it quite uplifting and defiant.

Yes, here too in this corner of Hastings. Must admit that initially I did feel somewhat foolish, assuming I and my wife would be the only ones, but so gratifying to hear applause coming from all corners.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Fireworks here in southwick.
Brought a tear to my eyes listening and taking part
Marvellous scenes everyone

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just did the clapping, enthusiastically .... not going to deny it felt very weird though. I agree with those making the point along the lines of .. we're British, horrendously repressed, and any act of public affection should normally only be saved for times when you're hammered or at the wedding or funeral of someone you're very close to.

In this instance though, the extraordinary levels of service, in spite of regular abuse from the public they serve, often mediocre salaries, real terms budget cuts year after year and lack of proper recognition or support from government for a very long time, did deserve that at the very least I get out of my comfort zone, let a bit of heating out and applaud like I did after Skalak's screamer

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Lovely here in south Portslade.

I wondered how many would join in, but most of our street on their doorsteps, a few fireworks, and all around us wishing everyone well as everyone stepped back inside afterwards. Quite moving.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Very good show in my corner of Cardiff, we have a Hindu temple at the end of the street & it was predominantly my Hindu neighbours who led the way with drums & saucepans. Much respect! Not forgetting they do pretty much prop up the NHS as well.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fantastic effort in mile oak...loads of people on the streets, hanging out of windows etc, brought a lump to the throat.

Thinking of Laura and the rest of her teams

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well, i thought that was superb.

That said, I might give Facebook a swerve for a couple of days. That'll be the breeding ground for the passive aggressive "my road is better than yours" posts for the next 48 hours.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That was excellent!!

So good in fact, we Invited all the neighbours in for a bit of a ‘Support Our NHS’ party.
Could be a heavy night. :rave:

Still, no work tomorrow.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here