Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Someone playing 'You're never walk alone round here' through a loudspeaker while someone else had the national anthem going and a third was trying to get a chorus of hip hip hoorays going. Bizarre noise

You’d think those Sussex born Liverpool fans would have had the decency to keep a low profile after the events of the last week :wink:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No one claps near me . I can't hear a sound.

My apartment is in a converted office block. Every building around me is an office block so they are all closed so nothing. If I didn't see it on the telly I wouldn't even know it was happening

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'll never vote Tory and urge everyone to commit to never voting Tory out of respect to the NHS and to protect our NHS.

Let's do something meaningful.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Once again playing to your name.....

Just going for ignore I think - stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
No one claps near me . I can't hear a sound.

My apartment is in a converted office block. Every building around me is an office block so they are all closed so nothing. If I didn't see it on the telly I wouldn't even know it was happening

Pray tell where lies this mythical kingdom?? I shall plot my cynical course forthwith!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw a nice gesture on FB last night, they sounded the horns an flashec the lights on the trains in the sidings at Brighton Station.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Pray tell where lies this mythical kingdom?? I shall plot my cynical course forthwith!

It isn't mythical. I am just surrounded by closed office buildings. My own building is the only building converted to apartments and so I can only see offices around me and it doesn't have balconies.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bigger turnout on my street this week compared to last. A few fireworks set off down the road somewhere and some car horns were going. I had the impromptu honour of actually starting it on my street, as nobody seemed to know what time it was, so as soon as my phone changed to 2000 I was the first to applaud and therefore set my street off. :blush:

Great to read and hear about how it's going elsewhere in the county and the country, both on here and from friends elsewhere - a friend in Cardiff told me they had 100% turnout on his road, as they've set a WhatsApp group and that's helped get everyone out for example.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bigger turnout on my street this week compared to last. A few fireworks set off down the road somewhere and some car horns were going. I had the impromptu honour of actually starting it on my street, as nobody seemed to know what time it was, so as soon as my phone changed to 2000 I was the first to applaud and therefore set my street off. :blush:

Great to read and hear about how it's going elsewhere in the county and the country, both on here and from friends elsewhere - a friend in Cardiff told me they had 100% turnout on his road, as they've set a WhatsApp group and that's helped get everyone out for example.

Ha ha my kids hate me being the first one to clap, 'stop it dad, don't you dare, wait till we hear other clapping', it's the little things in life and I was just about in their first much to their delight! :D

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
One of the guys at work suggested we do a little line up to show our appreciation, mirrored at Selhurst and Battersea depots as well.

[TWEET]1248333655996616707[/TWEET]

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
They applaud every night where I live

(they didn't for Boris though)

Don’t think anyone did, did they? Just sounded like Twitter Bullshit

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seems to have died a death round my way, we are on the beach so the sound used to just drift, unheard into that night air. Nobody seems to bother now.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Everyone brought out pans this week, so it was very loud where we are. I broke my wife's favourite wooden spoon (don't ask) by banging too vigorously.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Everyone brought out pans this week, so it was very loud where we are. I broke my wife's favourite wooden spoon (don't ask) by banging too vigorously.

88CC531B-CDC9-4E43-A59C-3A11A680C48C.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here