Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I would have thought basic necessities like being able to buy food, bog roll and not finding empty shelves, would be more appreciated than a collective 'well done'
They are appreciated, very much so, so give them first dibs to ease the stress of this virus they are trying to contain

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I admire the sentiment of this. But it's not very British is it. As someone else said, we are a practical people nation, and doing their shopping or allowing them to shop at special times when the shelves are full is probably all they really need. Plus the Government supporting them by giving them everything they need to do their job will clearly help more.

Over 500,000 volunteers also sends a great message and I am sure that will make a massive difference.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I would have thought basic necessities like being able to buy food, bog roll and not finding empty shelves, would be more appreciated than a collective 'well done'
They are appreciated, very much so, so give them first dibs to ease the stress of this virus they are trying to contain
I have made a point of telling the supermarket staff what an amazing job they are doing and that they are massively appreciated. Say thanks, be nice, be more nice than you usually would even if you are normally nice.

It does actually all make a difference. Woman on the checkout earlier nearly cried when I said that they are so important and that they're basically heroes like the NHS workers.

Without these people we'd be f****d.

Just like the lorry drivers, the people keeping the National Grid going, the internet etc etc etc.

All doing a fantastic job. I shall be applauding all of them.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I have made a point of telling the supermarket staff what an amazing job they are doing and that they are massively appreciated. Say thanks, be nice, be more nice than you usually would even if you are normally nice.

It does actually all make a difference. Woman on the checkout earlier nearly cried when I said that they are so important and that they're basically heroes like the NHS workers.

Without these people we'd be f****d.

Just like the lorry drivers, the people keeping the National Grid going, the internet etc etc etc.

All doing a fantastic job. I shall be applauding all of them.

A million percent this.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How about giving them a pay rise and fully reversing the cuts made over the last ten years instead.

Just wonder how many of the cabinet will be joining in.

Quietely proud of oldest Potting daughter who works a few shifts a week at a local supermarket, she thinks I am on a wind up when I keep telling her she is a "key worker".

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Personally, I think getting the government to fund them properly in the future would be a better show of support.

Which completely misses the point (although I agree with the sentiment). The point Is that it’s a token of appreciation from us to those people we are dependent on. A morale boost? I don’t have a problem with it and will be out front clapping with most of my neighbours.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I admire the sentiment of this. But it's not very British is it. As someone else said, we are a practical people nation, and doing their shopping or allowing them to shop at special times when the shelves are full is probably all they really need. Plus the Government supporting them by giving them everything they need to do their job will clearly help more.

Over 500,000 volunteers also sends a great message and I am sure that will make a massive difference.

I was thinking similar. We give more per person to charity than most other Western nations, some by far. Over 500,000 signing up for volunteering backs this up too. As you say, we're more of a practical nation.

But it is a nice sentiment. Not sure how many will join in though, I've not seen it mentioned anywhere much other than on here?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here