Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will this season be completed?

Will this season be completed

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can’t see us finishing it

Poll has just the three options as other can include a number of scenarios, some of which may not even been suggested yet.

What’s your gut feeling?

No need to go into great detail as we have already done that, let’s just get an idea how NSC sees it panning out

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not null & void but based on average points per game, we're safe

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
When you say completed, do you mean every team having played 38 games?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Think they would rather finish this season and worry about next season at a later date. Not sure how all that will work out. My gut feeling is to null and void it. Start again when we can, can't see that being anytime soon. Players will need to regain their fitness levels to start with, let alone match sharpness, will they play a number of friendlies first?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Think they will finish it but might end up with a shortened season next year, only playing teams once, before returning to a 38 game season the following August, CL and Europa League will be voided.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Other. If things are a lot calmer by early June I could see a bunch of mini-tournaments happen to decide the important positions. Teams would bring a certain share of their current points (i.e. one third or one fourth) to these tournaments so that i.e. Liverpool would still have a fat advantage over the other top teams while still keeping some of the excitement.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly a mad series of games in June/July, teams playing every 2-3 days over a 3 week period. Not satisfactory and will throw up all sorts of weird results..............

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We will be in some form of lockdown followed by an easing of restrictions which I suspect will then be followed by further location lockdowns over the next 12 months no way will this season ever be finished by playing of remaining games, it might be finished as was when the games were postponed Liverpool crown champions no teams demoted and start again hopfully August 2021

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Think they will finish it but might end up with a shortened season next year, only playing teams once, before returning to a 38 game season the following August, CL and Europa League will be voided.

I'd agree with this, that way all clubs who have worked for 3/4 of this season can get this season in fully and get their rewards in promotion and punishment in relegation for those that weren't good enough in their respective leagues. Next season would not be ideal but everyone would know in advance of a shortened season and probably because of the issue of fairness in only playing half the teams at home and away scrap relegation for that shortened season before we go again for 2021/22.

Biggest issue is it needs to be a collective decision across UEFA and not just EPL.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Previously I thought they'd just scrap this season, and whenever football did start again, it would be a new season.

Now I wonder if the aim might be to be finish this season when things start again, after which 2020–21 becomes some kind of mini/reduced season, leading up to the Euros, and then the first time things are fully 'back to normal' is 2021–22.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think we will complete the season, and unfortunately I think we will be relegated :(

A combination of teams with lots of key players injured getting their players back (Villa, Bournemouth, Newcastle), other teams with current morale issues getting a chance to reset (West Ham, Watford) and the big teams who are our next opponents being refreshed with a pre-season under their belts being much harder to beat than they would have been this spring.

I just think things will conspire against us, but I also think I will be able to put it all into perspective and not be as bothered about relegation as I would have been.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Currently there is quite a lot of scope to end this season, truncate pre season, play midweek, scrap cups, scrap mid season breaks and play PL games on CL nights next season. All of which would allow the 1.25 seasons to be completed by the end of May 2021. If football didn't resume until late 2020 on the other hand then I think tough decisions would need to be made. It really is too soon to say with any confidence.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think we will complete the season, and unfortunately I think we will be relegated :(

A combination of teams with lots of key players injured getting their players back (Villa, Bournemouth, Newcastle), other teams with current morale issues getting a chance to reset (West Ham, Watford) and the big teams who are our next opponents being refreshed with a pre-season under their belts being much harder to beat than they would have been this spring.

I just think things will conspire against us, but I also think I will be able to put it all into perspective and not be as bothered about relegation as I would have been.

Yep , I was thinking along these lines the other day. We have no key injuries compared to the likes of Bournemouth.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A bit gormless to suggest next season will go ahead without completing this season first. These things are at the current time completely open-ended, and, as things stand, the start of season 2020-21 is as highly likely to be disrupted as the end of season 2019-20. Complete no-brainer that we shouldn't complete this season before starting another one

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

And that is why it is simply not on to continue it. It is not 'continue' in the sense we know it. It is like a new season and
nobody should be disadvantaged compared with if it had not stopped. So scrap and start again.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I think you're wrong, I think we will stay up, just.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here