Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] UFO:s & aliens

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I read this article yesterday:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29342407<

Its about a game in Italy that was stopped because some crazy stuff was going on in the sky. One of the most interesting UFO incidents I've heard of tbh.

What are your theories/opinions/experiences on this often ridiculed but rather fascinating subject?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Its about a game in Italy that was stopped because some crazy stuff was going on in the sky. One of the most interesting UFO incidents I've heard of tbh.

What are your theories/opinions/experiences on this often ridiculed but rather fascinating subject?

Interesting article, thanks. There waa obviously something going on. More likely military experiments than aliens.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have an episode of The Avengers on DVD from around 1965, and it is about a UFO which Peel and Steed repeatedly refer to as an 'UnidentiFied Object'. The terminology clearly wasn't yet part of the national lexicon back then. It is equivalent to calling an OAP an 'Old Pensioner' This suggests that we invented UFOs (as we know them today) fairly recently.

It saddens me that believers still exists who remain convinced they are extraterrestrial.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have an episode of The Avengers on DVD from around 1965, and it is about a UFO which Peel and Steed repeatedly refer to as an 'UnidentiFied Object'. The terminology clearly wasn't yet part of the national lexicon back then. It is equivalent to calling an OAP an 'Old Pensioner' This suggests that we invented UFOs (as we know them today) fairly recently.

It saddens me that believers still exists who remain convinced they are extraterrestrial.

I'm sure your first paragrah makes sense somehow...

My personal view in the question "extraterrestrial" or "not extraterrestrial" is: **** do I know? I mean the universe is pretty fat so it seems pretty possible someone out there invented a decent vehicle to visit other planets. On the other hand, it also seem quite likely those visitors would be bit more interactive: maybe pet us or eat us or something.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'm sure one of those little 4 eyed green buggers started this mess we're in now

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sure your first paragrah makes sense somehow...

My personal view in the question "extraterrestrial" or "not extraterrestrial" is: **** do I know? I mean the universe is pretty fat so it seems pretty possible someone out there invented a decent vehicle to visit other planets. On the other hand, it also seem quite likely those visitors would be bit more interactive: maybe pet us or eat us or something.

My first paragraph refers to a quaint English TV serious about which you probably know nothing. I will paste a photo below.

There are certainly no alien extraterrestrials. If there are exraterrestrials they would be much like life on Earth (albeit that is very diverse so the aliens are bound to have evolved to seem werd to us - but only withing parameters). This is because biology is predicated by cemistry. In theory it is possible to have silicon-based life forms but silicon simply does not have the chemistry to offer the diversity and flexibility of carbon. No other element can for the basis of something like DNA. Carbon is your limit. The idea of 'unknown elements' in case you ask defies the laws of mathematics, let alone physics, let alone chemistry.

Therefore if there are other carbon (or silicon) based life forms out there, their biochemistry would be very like ours, so they wouldn't be able to get to us, unless they made a craft that could accomodate thousands (millions?) of generations to navigate the trip. Would you commit to your descendants spending their entire lives and the lives of their descendents in a possibly futile intergalactic search for new life forms? With Cova-19, maybe...but not really though. By the way, there is no such thing as warp drive or 'faster than the speed of light' travel.

We have been searching the galaxies for years for signs of life, It may be out there but we haven't seen it yet. And it will never get to us.

That's all a bit sad, but we have science fiction and fantasy to entertain us. I love it. My personal favourite is the releatively old fashioned world of HP Lovecraft. Elrich horror. as he would put it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
My first paragraph refers to a quaint English TV serious about which you probably know nothing. I will paste a photo below.

There are certainly no alien extraterrestrials. If there are exraterrestrials they would be much like life on Earth (albeit that is very diverse so the aliens are bound to have evolved to seem werd to us - but only withing parameters). This is because biology is predicated by cemistry. In theory it is possible to have silicon-based life forms but silicon simply does not have the chemistry to offer the diversity and flexibility of carbon. No other element can for the basis of something like DNA. Carbon is your limit. The idea of 'unknown elements' in case you ask defies the laws of mathematics, let alone physics, let alone chemistry.

Therefore if there are other carbon (or silicon) based life forms out there, their biochemistry would be very like ours, so they wouldn't be able to get to us, unless they made a craft that could accomodate thousands (millions?) of generations to navigate the trip. Would you commit to your descendants spending their entire lives and the lives of their descendents in a possibly futile intergalactic search for new life forms? With Cova-19, maybe...but not really though. By the way, there is no such thing as warp drive or 'faster than the speed of light' travel.

We have been searching the galaxies for years for signs of life, It may be out there but we haven't seen it yet. And it will never get to us.

That's all a bit sad, but we have science fiction and fantasy to entertain us. I love it. My personal favourite is the releatively old fashioned world of HP Lovecraft. Elrich horror. as he would put it.

I'm not a believer, though I have an open mind, but to play devil's advocate wouldn't it defy the known laws of maths, physics and chemistry? Potentially, there's a lot we don't know, isn't there?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

While I could never technically dispute any of what you just wrote, I wonder why academics often go this route and say "this or that is not possible according to science" when discoveries are made and theories change all the time. I mean certainly if I go back a few hundred years scientists would say "that is not possible" about some of the shit we're doing or "know" today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not a believer, though I have an open mind, but to play devil's advocate wouldn't it defy the known laws of maths, physics and chemistry? Potentially, there's a lot we don't know, isn't there?

Dark matter for one thing. Thought to account for 85% of the matter in the universe, and nobody has the faintest scoobie as to what it actually is

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
While I could never technically dispute any of what you just wrote, I wonder why academics often go this route and say "this or that is not possible according to science" when discoveries are made and theories change all the time. I mean certainly if I go back a few hundred years scientists would say "that is not possible" about some of the shit we're doing or "know" today.

A few years back a microbe was discovered that was using arsenic as a building block, something that was previously though impossible. An that was here on earth.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On the one hand, with the vastness of space, it would seem that alien life is probable.

On the other hand, with the eternity of time, it would seem that this life would probably not exist in the same small timeframe as ours.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

As far as we are aware the laws of maths physics and chemistry apply everywhere, which is why they are laws rather than hypotheses. Certainly the laws that apply on earth apply on earth. You are playing the science fiction's advocate rather than the devils :wink: You are also illustrating our unique human ability - to imagine what we have never experienced.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As far as we are aware the laws of maths physics and chemistry apply everywhere, which is why they are laws rather than hypotheses. Certainly the laws that apply on earth apply on earth. You are playing the science fiction's advocate rather than the devils :wink: You are also illustrating our unique human ability - to imagine what we have never experienced.

How far are we aware?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Many documented incidents that have happened over the years could be aliens, or could be phenomena we just don’t understand. Either way, these things have happened and to say it’s definitely not aliens is closed minded and unscientific.

How can I, as a human, possibly pretend to know the workings of the universe and the beings that may or may not be in it? Space is a very strange thing that we barely know anything about

I think there are, or have been other beings out there. If they have been around for more than a million years than we have, then who knows what kind of technology they have?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Many documented incidents that have happened over the years could be aliens, or could be phenomena we just don’t understand. Either way, these things have happened and to say it’s definitely not ghosts is closed minded and unscientific.

How can I, as a human, possibly pretend to know the workings of the universe and the beings that may or may not be in it? Space is a very strange thing that we barely know anything about

I think there are, or have been other beings out there. If they have been around for more than a million years than we have, then who knows what kind of technology they have?

Any less plausible with the change of one word?

It is not unscientific to not invoke visitors from another planet as an explanation for observations we cannot explain. It is rational. I am quite content there are phenomena that have occurred that have not been explained. I actually get this, in doors, every day. I imagine this is the product neither of the hand of aliens, nor of god.

And there is no celestial Aunt Augusta out there, demanding that we confess to know either everything or nothing. :shrug:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

What a load of old bollocks!

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

Is there no footage from that day? They had movie cameras and stills cameras but there was only one photo, now lost? It does say the craft were cigar shape which was very common in UFO sightings.

Personally I can't believe we've had alien visitations. There has never, ever been a clear video or photo. Also I doubt what has been seen is government craft or experiments going all the way back to the 50's because none of that technology has come into everyday use either in the military or public use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here