Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyson Ventilator Contract...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:bigwave:

I thought I'd give you just one example of you being stalked by me (as you accused me of) seeing as you appear to have snivelled off sulking as usual instead of responding to my request for evidence of this, HOURS ago.

Chop chop.
Oh bless!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I can see a situation where many will die because of the lack of ventilators in the next few weeks..... and then suddenly the NHS has 1000s of ventilators delviered by Dyson that are not needed....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can see a situation where many will die because of the lack of ventilators in the next few weeks..... and then suddenly the NHS has 1000s of ventilators delviered by Dyson that are not needed....

Will be plenty of other countries needing them by then - yet to full take hold in Africa, Latam etc.......................

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
To be honest, I'm more interested in how 'we didn't get the email' or 'missed the deadline' for the EU ventilator procurement, when the other 27 got it

https://www.ft.com/content/f9051f66-cfbe-4b36-848e-3980225ae542

and this story about the UK missing out on these 5,000 ventilators, that were available and offered

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/uk-firm-lambasts-government-over-delay-after-offering-5000-ventilators/26/03/

than James Dyson doing his normal marketing and publicity stunts.

But now is not the time. This all needs to be properly investigated after this is all over.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
To be honest, I'm more interested in how 'we didn't get the email' or 'missed the deadline' for the EU ventilator procurement, when the other 27 got it

https://www.ft.com/content/f9051f66-cfbe-4b36-848e-3980225ae542

and this story about the UK missing out on these 5,000 ventilators, that were available and offered

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/uk-firm-lambasts-government-over-delay-after-offering-5000-ventilators/26/03/

than James Dyson doing his normal marketing and publicity stunts.

But now is not the time. This all needs to be properly investigated after this is all over.

And yet you continue to bring it up ..... as an anti-Brexit slant .... as always. Maybe you could give it a rest until we're over the worst ?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Not necessarily, he's got olenty of manufacturing expertise and resource but better used to help get other get approved products to market. Many subbies to UK manufacturers are chosing to close, take the bail out cash for employees instead of staying open.

One thing that worries me a bit: when I used to be a regular visitor to Worthing tip, there always appeared to be a rather large number of Dyson vacuum cleaners lined up awaiting disposal.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
And yet you continue to bring it up ..... as an anti-Brexit slant .... as always. Maybe you could give it a rest until we're over the worst ?

I honestly think that you are looking for something that isn't there. Try reading my post again.

Now is not the time because there are far more pressing priorities, like getting more ventilators in, in whatever way we can.

I'm just not sure that re-inventing the wheel is the answer :shrug:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Something strange is going on.

CITY-BASED manufacture Gtech has been told by the government to not produce much-needed ventilators less than a week after getting the go-ahead, the company’s chief executive has said.

Nick Grey, chief executive of Gtech, said he had been advised by the government on Thursday (March 27) to not push forward with production of ventilators, despite answering a call for help to assist in producing more than 30,000 ventilators, less than two weeks ago.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/new...-ventilators-government-chief-executive-says/

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

All is he is doing is exposing "dog eat my homework" excuses from government. Calling out lies will ultimately bounce them into making better excuses, this is no time for mindless ideology.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Something strange is going on.

CITY-BASED manufacture Gtech has been told by the government to not produce much-needed ventilators less than a week after getting the go-ahead, the company’s chief executive has said.

Nick Grey, chief executive of Gtech, said he had been advised by the government on Thursday (March 27) to not push forward with production of ventilators, despite answering a call for help to assist in producing more than 30,000 ventilators, less than two weeks ago.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/new...-ventilators-government-chief-executive-says/

devil always in the detail "...We will still complete and publish our design...". another company without a go to market, approved product.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So why was an order placed on March 20th?

was it? we have the company comment, another telling phrase is "prepare for production". so much more information is unknown, conditions so on. i've read quite a few of these sorts of stories, companies bigging up their help, simple government bungling procedure, and media making a story means we should treat reports with fistfulls of salt.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
was it? we have the company comment, another telling phrase is "prepare for production". so much more information is unknown, conditions so on. i've read quite a few of these sorts of stories, companies bigging up their help, simple government bungling procedure, and media making a story means we should treat reports with fistfulls of salt.

It depends what you want to believe. Take every media outlet with a pinch of salt, but in the meantime we are still desperately short of ventilators.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Indeed,doesnt appear an order was placed, just an instruction to proceed to the next stage "preparing to manufacture".

Today, we need ventilators. And so I have come to meet one of the teams in the vanguard of what is a genuine life-or-death race against time.

I am at Gtech, the Worcester-based maker of cordless vacuum cleaners, hedge-strimmers and much else.

It was in the early hours of Sunday, March 15 that Nick, 51, received an email from the Government’s Chief Commercial Officer asking for help.

‘At first I thought it was some sort of hoax,’ he says.

Come Sunday afternoon, though, he realised it was deadly serious when he was invited to join a conference call to discuss specifications.

So he contacted his research and development (R&D) team the same day with a simple message: ‘We’re going to do ventilators.’

They quickly rose to the challenge. Nick tracked down an old hospital ventilator — a Blease 2200 — on eBay, of all places, for £200 — to focus minds. One former employee drove up from Dorset there and then to assist.

‘By Tuesday, we had a ventilator that was working but not automatic,’ says Nick.

‘By Thursday, we had one running reliably and, on Friday afternoon, we had a video conference with the Government and a panel of clinicians.

‘They were very positive about what they saw, asked for some changes and told us to move on to the next stage — preparing to manufacture.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...enuity-help-save-lives-make-spirits-soar.html

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What do you believe [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION]'s motivation to be?

I have no idea but prepare to manufacture with a precise number would appear to be an order. Designs and materials in place.
Firms don’t have materials in store, just in case.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here