Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyson Ventilator Contract...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A lack of capacity, colossal numbers are required. And you did indicate that you were unhappy about Dyson’s overseas based company making profit on this. He will make a profit, it won’t be taxed in the UK, it’s a very global business world anyway, and it’s the least of our problems just now.

I thank God that [MENTION=25327]jolly[/MENTION] Red Trotskyite is banned just now. Your thread would’ve drawn him in, with essays posted about the evils of James Dyson, to bore us into submission.

Well lets see if he can design, qualify, pilot, test, approve and deliver 10-15kpcs in 2-3 weeks. If he does I'll shut up

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anti entrepreneur, not at all. Give it to someone in the business that has a product ready to go. We need this stuff in 2 weeks...

Strange how the other name banded around was JCB..

So I ask again, will you refuse to be treated with a Dyson ventilator if you need a ventilator ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So I ask again, will you refuse to be treated with a Dyson ventilator if you need a ventilator ?

I'm a UK citizen (for now) I pay my taxes in the UK, I can use the NHS, I'll take whatever they can offer me

I'll try not to get sick

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
I'm a UK citizen (for now) I pay my taxes in the UK, I can use the NHS, I'll take whatever they can offer me

I'll try not to get sick

So the answer you should of posted was "No, I wouldn't refuse to be treated by a Dyson ventilator." I'll leave others to decide what that makes you.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So the answer you should of posted was "No, I wouldn't refuse to be treated by a Dyson ventilator." I'll leave others to decide what that makes you.

Not sure what you point is, I wouldn't buy a Dyson product but why wouldn't I use one of their products if my life was in danger?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another good and sensible move from the government albeit it at least a month too late, I’m really not bothered that they’re sourcing the ventilators from their ‘old boys club’, we just need to get as many of them as we can ASAP.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Will it include an attachment for doing underneath your car seat? ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well lets see if he can design, qualify, pilot, test, approve and deliver 10-15kpcs in 2-3 weeks. If he does I'll shut up

Quotes from BBC News

'Dyson insiders have told the BBC they have a working prototype, designed and built from scratch, which has been tested on humans and is "ready to go"'

Design - done - loads of pictures online already. NHS staff seem to like the look of it - clips to the bed frame and looks very simple to use ('Dyson has had hundreds of engineers working round the clock to design the ventilators from scratch')

Qualify - don't know what this means

Pilot/Test - in progress

Approve - that's not up to him, NHS are testing now

Deliver - clearly will await approval but ('It hopes to build the ventilators at scale from its UK base in Wiltshire - using aircraft hangars that were used to stuff parachutes in the World War Two. However, the blitz spirit the company is keen to channel will not produce immediate results. It is thought that even if regulatory approval is forthcoming, it could take a couple of weeks to move from prototype to the device being made in significant scale')

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Another good and sensible move from the government albeit it at least a month too late, I’m really not bothered that they’re sourcing the ventilators from their ‘old boys club’, we just need to get as many of them as we can ASAP.

This company offered a few weeks ago. His interview on Newsnight.

[tweet]1243070751680401408[/tweet]

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Not sure what you point is, I wouldn't buy a Dyson product but why wouldn't I use one of their products if my life was in danger?

I just find it remarkable your campaign against a company that employees thousands of British workers in the UK continues even when said company steps in to help the country. I'm really not sure what your beef with Dyson really is.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I just find it remarkable your campaign against a company that employees thousands of British workers in the UK continues even when said company steps in to help the country. I'm really not sure what your beef with Dyson really is.

I wish them well, I hope the guy on the video posted from "MEC Medical" is wrong.

I work in the manufacturing and design sector supply chain, things take time. You won't produce 10,000 before we reach our peak, it won't happen

We have several leading UK companies in the sector making this kit. Bizarre decision, but nothing surprises me with this government...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wish them well, I hope the guy on the video posted from "MEC Medical" is wrong.

I work in the manufacturing and design sector supply chain, things take time. You won't produce 10,000 before we reach our peak, it won't happen

We have several leading UK companies in the sector making this kit. Bizarre decision, but nothing surprises me with this government...

In times of crisis I think sometimes its best to let sleeping dogs lie. If they can make even a 100 ventilators a week that will be something, that could mean saving dozens of extra lives. It is going to take a massive effort across the globe to beat this and every little helps, the time for more critical analysis is much later.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Brexit related obvs. Unsurprisingly the op qualifying for **** status as per [MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] 's excellent nomination/definition in the official coronavirus **** thread.

Just one reason why I have (until now) avoided NSC and most other social media as I knew the usual suspects wouldn't be able to help themselves. Utter ****s the lot of em.

D

Deleted member 22389

Brexit related obvs. Unsurprisingly the op qualifying for **** status as per [MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] 's excellent nomination/definition in the official coronavirus **** thread.

Just one reason why I have (until now) avoided NSC and most other social media as I knew the usual suspects wouldn't be able to help themselves. Utter ****s the lot of em.

I agree, everyone keep safe.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dyson hasn't necessarily got the contract.

[tweet]1243141945926582273[/tweet]

Classy negotiation tactic. Make the government look like the bad guys. Or put NHS to 'rush through' approvals

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here