Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyson Ventilator Contract...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Dyson wins contract for 10,000 units, this is the company that just months ago dumped the UK for Singapore

No experience in manufacturing ventilators

No design

No certifications

No NHS approval

There are existing UK manufacturers products that already supplying the NHS, companies like Penlon and SLE, what not help these companies scale up?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
And let’s not forget his role in bringing about Judgement Day!

FDA88E55-23FC-4C90-9EF1-9FB8A769FE92.jpeg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I read somewhere that Ireland produces 50% (in a normal year that is) of the worlds ventilators, surely it should help you that one of your neighbours seem quite proficient in this?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dyson wins contract for 10,000 units, this is the company that just months ago dumped the UK for Singapore

No design

No certifications

No NHS approval

There are existing UK manufacturers products that already supplying the NHS, companies like Penlon and SLE, what not help these companies scale up?

Highly qualified engineers working around the clock for 10 days, at the request of the government in a crisis, to develop this, and they manage to do it, build it and hand it over for testing yet still people look for the negative.
It's being tested
It'll be certified
It'll get approval
Maybe the other companies don't have the capacity ?

Have you had a bad experience with a vacuum cleaner or something ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I read somewhere that Ireland produces 50% (in a normal year that is) of the worlds ventilators, surely it should help you that one of your neighbours seem quite proficient in this?

Worlds being the key word here, globally more are needed therefore if another company can step in very quickly and produce these as well then everyone globally gains

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ventilators are simple machines, not high tech by today's standards.

Component sourcing may be an issue, but there is no reason that many firms can't do this at once, especially now we have 3d printers.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

No design

No certifications

No NHS approval

And exactly what experience do car manufacturers, who are also now building ventilators have ? Really, I'd have thought everyone would see the positive in industry helping with the effort. I assume if you catch the virus and end needing a ventilator you will reject it if the ventilator has been made by Dyson ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i believe they were responding for a request for tender. one of the things needed is a simpler ventilation that requires low operator attention, for low level breathing problems. getting certification and approval is up to the NHS, we'll see if they fast track these devices.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unfortunately Priti Patel publically mused about starving the Irish into Brexit submission, so we'll have to do a bit of smooth talking to get that deal done.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Don't forget the UK pulled out of massive EU 25 member state procurement deal for ventilators that we could have been a part of too.

I'm sure getting Dyson to do this is a better idea though.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

No design

No certifications

No NHS approval

That's the spirit.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Medtronic in Galway.

We have local UK manufacturers that could outsource their design to contract manufacturers, instead we give the job to one of Bojo's Brexit mates to reinvent the wheel

Wonder if any the profit Dyson makes on the deal will be booked in the UK?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

No design

No certifications

No NHS approval

Anti entrepreneur vendetta continues.

These ventilators will save lives, who cares that the owner of the business is loathed by Len McCkuskey and you.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Medtronic in Galway.

We have local UK manufacturers that could outsource their design to contract manufacturers, instead we give the job to one of Bojo's Brexit mates to reinvent the wheel

Wonder if any the profit Dyson makes on the deal will be booked in the UK?

Oh do give up your drama queen moaning.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anti entrepreneur vendetta continues.

These ventilators will save lives, who cares that the owner of the business is loathed by Len McCkuskey and you.

Anti entrepreneur, not at all. Give it to someone in the business that has a product ready to go. We need this stuff in 2 weeks...

Strange how the other name banded around was JCB..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't forget the UK pulled out of massive EU 25 member state procurement deal for ventilators that we could have been a part of too.

I'm sure getting Dyson to do this is a better idea though.

You get a much better price for 10kpcs than 50kpcs if you believe more

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anti entrepreneur, not at all. Give it to someone in the business that has a product ready to go. We need this stuff in 2 weeks...

Strange how the other name banded around was JCB..

A lack of capacity, colossal numbers are required. And you did indicate that you were unhappy about Dyson’s overseas based company making profit on this. He will make a profit, it won’t be taxed in the UK, it’s a very global business world anyway, and it’s the least of our problems just now.

I thank God that [MENTION=25327]jolly[/MENTION] Red Trotskyite is banned just now. Your thread would’ve drawn him in, with essays posted about the evils of James Dyson, to bore us into submission.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here