Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyson Ventilator Contract...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dyson wins contract for 10,000 units, this is the company that just months ago dumped the UK for Singapore

No experience in manufacturing ventilators

No design

No certifications

No NHS approval

There are existing UK manufacturers products that already supplying the NHS, companies like Penlon and SLE, what not help these companies scale up?

Good question.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is there anyone with any credible knowledge in this domain (I'm less interested in speculation) that would know how these texts got into the public domain. I can think of:
-- a civil servant releasing them (but do they have access to Johnson's phone?)
-- released by Dyson, or someone around him
-- hacking

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is there anyone with any credible knowledge in this domain (I'm less interested in speculation) that would know how these texts got into the public domain. I can think of:
-- hacking

i believe messages are recorded as matter of routine, this has come to light in the lobbying investigation. this shows ministers are following those rules, and the investigation is digging everywhere.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I've with Boris on this one. British lives come first.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
-- hacking

Cummins testing his eyesight again it seems...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Johnson acted the buffoon talking about bunny-hugging to distract people from this ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well, well, well. Joseph Johnson is now a director. Brother of Alexander Boris de Pfeffle Johnson.

[tweet]1389722876404699139[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well, well, well. Joseph Johnson is now a director. Brother of Alexander Boris de Pfeffle Johnson.

[tweet]1389722876404699139[/tweet]
Sadly too many follow the Pied Piper PM and just hand wave away all the sleaze.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Sadly too many follow the Pied Piper PM and just hand wave away all the sleaze.
What sleaze? Laura Kuessenberg's original story has been totally discredited, so it's not that. Is it suggested that it's Tory sleaze every time an ex-minister gets a job outside government - in which case it's not just down to the Tories - or is it only when the ex-minister is one who resigned because he publicly slated his brother's handling of Brexit?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What sleaze? Laura Kuessenberg's original story has been totally discredited, so it's not that. Is it suggested that it's Tory sleaze every time an ex-minister gets a job outside government - in which case it's not just down to the Tories - or is it only when the ex-minister is one who resigned because he publicly slated his brother's handling of Brexit?
There is a long long list of recent sleaze but I can't be bothered to list it and am not interested in writing a summary.

All hand waved away anyway lol.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
There is a long long list of recent sleaze but I can't be bothered to list it and am not interested in writing a summary.

All hand waved away anyway lol.
Why post about sleaze on a subject where the whole thing is a farrago trumped up by the incompetent journalists at the BBC. If you mention sleaze on a clearly non-sleazy subject, then people won't take you seriously.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why post about sleaze on a subject where the whole thing is a farrago trumped up by the incompetent journalists at the BBC. If you mention sleaze on a clearly non-sleazy subject, then people won't take you seriously.

What about Lord Rothermere's lot and Murdoch's foot soldiers, are they all incompetent too?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
What about Lord Rothermere's lot and Murdoch's foot soldiers, are they all incompetent too?

Any journalist that said that Dyson had financially supported the Tories is incompetent because the register of members' interests clearly shows that he did not. Any journalist that assumed he supports the Tories because he spoke about engineering at a Tory conference is incompetent, because he also spoke about engineering at a Labour conference. Any journalist that said he made a profit out of these ventilators is incompetent because he didn't.

If that covers Rothermere's and Murdoch's journalists too, as well as Laura Kuessenberg and her bosses at the BBC, then so be it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Love the Tory bashing. Not a fan of them at all but Blair and his millions that he made out of being in nbr 10 doesn't get any mention at all and is now worth about £50m, starting off with relatively little. Paid cash to buy houses in Central London for each one of his 3 kids at a cost of millions. And so on....

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1693540/How-rich-is-Tony-Blair.html

They are all pretty much the same, after lining their own pockets.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Love the Tory bashing. Not a fan of them at all but Blair and his millions that he made out of being in nbr 10 doesn't get any mention at all and is now worth about £50m, starting off with relatively little. Paid cash to buy houses in Central London for each one of his 3 kids at a cost of millions. And so on....

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1693540/How-rich-is-Tony-Blair.html

They are all pretty much the same, after lining their own pockets.

Yes he got rich after he left office and not using taxpayer money in the middle of a global pandemic.

Not really comparable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here