Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Research on Sexuality in Football

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I find the options frustrating as I don’t necessarily agree with any of them.

For example, question 1 I don’t know. As a fan I’m not close enough to what’s going on inside football clubs to have any idea what’s stopping players coming out.
Question 3, his choice.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

For example, question 1 I don’t know. As a fan I’m not close enough to what’s going on inside football clubs to have any idea what’s stopping players coming out.
Question 3, his choice.

Agree, there needs to be some "Don't know" options because as above, I don't know what happens in training, in the dressing room, at the PFA, etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dear all,

I am involved in some university research that is looking at sexuality in football and I would appreciate a few minutes of your time to share your thoughts on this subject. The survey is anonymous and can be found here:

https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5d4gVVLc7wZUS57

Thanks in advance for your time.

Done.

I have put together many surveys. They are really hard to prep, with a risk of ambiguity, incoherence, or leading the participant. This is a very good survey, simple and unambiguous. Please make sure you post the result on NSC.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Like some others, I couldn't complete the survey.

Question 2, about homophobia - none of the suggested answers apply in my case. My free form answer would have been "No answer you provide tallies with my thoughts. The link you provide doesn't specify what the actual language was, so how can I say whether I think it was malicious, banter, or exaggerated? I guess that the fact that 2 fans were arrested demonstrates that a PO thought the language was sufficiently bad to justify an arrest, but without an example of the language used, I can't give you my personal opinion - I can only say that a PO thought s/he should arrest the fans."

Question 3, about Hitzsperger - again, none of the answers you provide tally with my opinion.

I stopped at that point. Sorry.

Perhaps offer an option for "other"?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Question 3, his choice.

The survey is a test of opinion, not of fact.

As a regular contrubutor to NSC I would have thought you'd have realised that ??? :wink:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I answered several with what I felt to be the closest answer - but added comments as to what I really thought.

I took the question on Homophobic abuse to mean in general, rather than the specific case mentioned.
My view that the vast majority of this is banter ( based on a fairly ignorant and out of date perspective).
It can be quite witty, but as with most banter, regularly isn't.

Agree with others comments that some questions could have done with a Don't know option.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Done

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I haven't completed it yet.

I suppose it is probably worthwhile doing as we probably need to start getting some survey Data from somewhere on the subject.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here