Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contactless Payment Limit Change

1 Not allowed!
    Reliably advised contactless payment limit will change on 01st April from £30 to £45.

And before you ask this is not an April Fool.
    I surrender all control
    To the desire that consumes me whole
    Leads me by the hand to infinity
    Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Ye was on news a couple of days ago

0 Not allowed!
      Yep, definitely happening. Not all shops will automatically increase immediately though. Will help in removing need to pass and receive notes and coins.

1 Not allowed!
      As will the cumulative contactless limit which is going back to it's pre September 2019 levels of £150.

This is the lesser known contactless limit which you will have hit but often not realised when a shop asks you to enter your pin even though the transaction your paying for is below the single payment contactless limit but as the cumulative total of your previous contactless transactions has gone about £150 you need a second form of verification to reset the limit.

I know few of us are out and about ATM but beware of pickpockets in these troubled times.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=Barham's tash;9292933]As will the cumulative contactless limit which is going back to it's pre September 2019 levels of £150.

This is the lesser known contactless limit which you will have hit but often not realised when a shop asks you to enter your pin even though the transaction your paying for is below the single payment contactless limit but as the cumulative total of your previous contactless transactions has gone about £150 you need a second form of verification to reset the limit.

I know few of us are out and about ATM but beware of pickpockets in these troubled times.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they will be social distancing
      VERY part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barham's tash View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As will the cumulative contactless limit which is going back to it's pre September 2019 levels of £150.

I know few of us are out and about ATM but beware of pickpockets in these troubled times.
      Is that £150 per day?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
      Yep, definitely happening. Not all shops will automatically increase immediately though. Will help in removing need to pass and receive notes and coins.
      And lessen the need to touch the keypad on payment machine.

Contactless Payment Limit Change

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      Is that £150 per day?
      No it’s just a cumulative running total.

There are other ‘soft decline’ mechanisms coming in - forcing another form of strong customer authentication [think SMS codes/PIN verification] due to a myriad of reasons that FCA/EBA believe will drive down fraud. These are yet to be fully defined but ultimately will lead, IMO, to significant customer friction but as ever the regulator believe this is better than an increased risk of fraud - sledgehammer to crack a nut etc.

1 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=LamieRobertson;9292963]

I know few of us are out and about ATM but beware of pickpockets in these troubled times.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they will be social distancing
      Im thinking enterprising thieves will employ some kind of go go gadget arm that’s 2m long.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      No it’s just a cumulative running total.

There are other ‘soft decline’ mechanisms coming in - forcing another form of strong customer authentication [think SMS codes/PIN verification] due to a myriad of reasons that FCA/EBA believe will drive down fraud. These are yet to be fully defined but ultimately will lead, IMO, to significant customer friction but as ever the regulator believe this is better than an increased risk of fraud - sledgehammer to crack a nut etc.
      it's clearly not enforced uniformly then as I've definitely spent more than £150 cumulatively via contactless and not been requested for my pin.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."