Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you Neglecting your Personal Hygiene?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
At the outbreak of the coronavirus we all suddenly transformed into a nation of rabid hand washers, frantically buying up every available bar of soap, bottle of hand sanitiser and handwash on the supermarket shelves.

I now have a suspicion that in our enforced isolation we have done an abrupt U-turn and instead of being obsessed with our personal hygiene it is now being somewhat neglected as we think why bother bathing or showering today as we're not going to go out and we know we won't be getting any visitors.

Before we know it the odd day of non bathing has extended to two days, then three and four and we become accustomed and content to fester in a state of unwash, while all those body cleansing products we were so deperate to buy a couple of weeks ago now lie abandoned and untouched in our bathroom cupboards.

How many days have you gone without bathing or showering?
When did you last brush your teeth or wash your hair?
How many days have you been wearing the same underwear?
Or are you maintaining your normal levels of personal hygiene but living with a partner who has started to neglect theirs?

Share your dirty stories with the rest of the great unwashed of NSC.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
My hands are becoming so sore with the continuous hand washing.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I retired youngish..late 40's...living the dream.

Needless to say the routine simply slipped further back into the day. It all tends to happen later in the morning, shower etc...after I've had a few cuppas and bummed around for a bit. Varies between 0930 and 1100am rather than stupid oclock,

Missus now working from home and the sames happening...some kind of delayed reaction to everything. Both look like a bag of shit for the first few hours...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
[QUOTE=marlowe;9292790]At the outbreak of the coronavirus we all suddenly transformed into a nation of rabid hand washers, frantically buying up every available bar of soap, bottle of hand sanitiser and handwash on the supermarket shelves.

I now have a suspicion that in our enforced isolation we have done an abrupt U-turn and instead of being obsessed with our personal hygiene it is now being somewhat neglected as we think why bother bathing or showering today as we're not going to go out and we know we won't be getting any visitors.

Before we know it the odd day of non bathing has extended to two days, then three and four and we become accustomed and content to fester in a state of unwash, while all those body cleansing products we were so deperate to buy a couple of weeks ago now lie abandoned and untouched in our bathroom cupboards.

How many days have you gone without bathing or showering?
When did you last brush your teeth or wash your hair?
How many days have you been wearing the same underwear?
Or are you maintaining your normal levels of personal hygiene but living with a partner who has started to neglect theirs?

Share your dirty stories with the rest of the great unwashed of NSC.[/QUOTE]

So now we know where it all went :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I retired youngish..late 40's...living the dream.

Needless to say the routine simply slipped further back into the day. It all tends to happen later in the morning, shower etc...after I've had a few cuppas and bummed around for a bit. Varies between 0930 and 1100am rather than stupid oclock,

Missus now working from home and the sames happening...some kind of delayed reaction to everything. Both look like a bag of shit for the first few hours...

Ah romance

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I didn’t shave for the first ten days - been WFH since 12th March, then my conscience got the better of me for work conference calls so I shaved and then they binned video calling due to bandwidth considerations.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What with all the notifications coming through on WhatsApp and Facebook I’ve barely had time to shower.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No more than before so it seems. Suspect a few people might now start washing their hands after going to the toilets at the football in future too. The number of times I see people pile out of the toilets never washing their hands and then going to queue for a burger etc, I find unbelievable.

Maybe after all this it might make think people think twice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mrs Hut is only shaving once a week now :ohmy:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Kept the same routine, up at 7.30, poop, teeth, shower & dressed
Sat at home office by 8 a.m., commute is now only 2-3 minutes unless the dog wakes then it can take ten minutes!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No more than before so it seems. Suspect a few people might now start washing their hands after going to the toilets at the football in future too. The number of times I see people pile out of the toilets never washing their hands and then going to queue for a burger etc, I find unbelievable.

Maybe after all this it might make think people think twice.

What's this thing called 'football' you speak of?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here