Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Airlines parking their planes

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
British Airways A320's been flying into Bournemouth for the last few days also a few Virgins..

Apparently there are approaching 30 parked up along the perimeter fence of the main road and elsewhere which is an unusual sight and will probably make an iconic image in years to come . I've seen a video but can't post it.

My daughter is BA cabin crew and its a sad sight watching them fly in (we're on the flight path)...... 'sad to see so many of our baby buses parked up'

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dubai airport 2 weeks ago had a row of A380s lined up empty, disconnected from the air bridges and dark inside. We had one flight from Australia that was 75% empty, the second flight to London was doubled up with another flight, and still not completely full. That was just over 2 weeks ago :ohmy:

Jul 7, 2003
I believe the Virgin planes are their old A340s which were already being got rid of. They have moved them to Bournemouth so they have space to store newer aircraft at their main hubs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I believe the Virgin planes are their old A340s which were already being got rid of. They have moved them to Bournemouth so they have space to store newer aircraft at their main hubs.

According to a pal of mine who works for BA, the main hubs are also excruciatingly expensive to keep the planes at on the ground, hence loads being shipped out to smaller regional airports where there is space.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
According to a pal of mine who works for BA, the main hubs are also excruciatingly expensive to keep the planes at on the ground, hence loads being shipped out to smaller regional airports where there is space.

There’s an airfield somewhere I think around the Sussex Hampshire border IIRC where planes are occasionally stored.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
British Airways A320's been flying into Bournemouth for the last few days also a few Virgins..

Apparently there are approaching 30 parked up along the perimeter fence of the main road and elsewhere which is an unusual sight and will probably make an iconic image in years to come . I've seen a video but can't post it.

My daughter is BA cabin crew and its a sad sight watching them fly in (we're on the flight path)...... 'sad to see so many of our baby buses parked up'

We sent 4 from Gatwick yesterday, 3 A320 and 1 A319.
Gatwick is just as bad seeing them all parked up.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
That’s because they’ve all left a ton of us abroad stranded and been absolutely no use in helping us get home.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That’s because they’ve all left a ton of us abroad stranded and been absolutely no use in helping us get home.

It gets worse, some airlines are not permitting refunds, just vouchers for future travel, on cancelled flights and routes. IATA need to legislate that all IATA airlines comply with the legal requirements or lose their licences to fly.

I imagine there will be a raft of airline failures over the next few months as this illegal moving of the goal posts cannot be allowed to happen.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Bit of a bump. Four or five BA 747's flew into Bournemouth today. A really impressive sight, the Easterly means we are on the flight path in. This was a few days back from the local rag.

245164171.jpg.gallery.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here