Anyone else stuck abroad?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Will give you a wave as you pass over Dubai! :bigwave:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If you see a Mediterranean looking woman with long dark hair, together with a balding man with a beard, please say hello.

...from at least six foot away, of course.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I was just reading about this 55 yo with autoimmune disease stuck in Goa. She was due to fly home today and is worried as medicine running out. Now if she went for a 2 week holiday IMO she is just plain stupid to have gone in the first place. If I'm wrong then fair enough but any sensible person could see what was going to happen two weeks ago, why risk going away especially if you are at risk.

She whining that uk has not arranged any rescue flights.

My sister is still stuck in Goa with no apparent prospect of getting out. According to her the locals are becoming increasingly resentful of Europeans buying the diminishing food supplies and is experiencing a fair amount of hostility. Not good place to be at the moment.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Good luck! Havent heard from my sister - her phone must have run out of battery. If you see a Mediterranean looking woman with long dark hair, together with a balding man with a beard, please say hello.

Just landed at Heathrow. Woohoo!

Sorry, don't think I've seen your sister, but the plane is full and our movement is a bit restricted.

Hope they made it okay, but I've heard that 400 Brits are still stuck (possibly only in Auckland). And that's just the ones that registered with the Gov website.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Sorry, don't think I've seen your sister, but the plane is full and our movement is a bit restricted.

Hope they made it okay, but I've heard that 400 Brits are still stuck (possibly only in Auckland). And that's just the ones that registered with the Gov website.

Good news, welcome home

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Good news, welcome home

Thanks, still got a long journey home to Truro, but we're relaxing a bit now. Plenty of mad stories from other Brits who also got back by the skin of their teeth.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough

Welcome back! They made it and are home too!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Welcome back! They made it and are home too!

Great news! Did they manage to get a flight from Christchurch before the internal travel embargo? Must have cut it fine.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yes, they did. Wiaiting to hear all the details as they are very tired now. How are you feeling?

Absolutely shattered, but very relieved. Still on the coach to Plymouth, then a taxi ride to Truro. Poor joints are seizing up. Need a long walk and a cold beer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here