Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you Grow your Hair Out or Will You Do it Yourself?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've been a diy-er since about the age of 20. Used to just use scissors then invested in electric clippers so now do a combination of both.

People were so impressed with the results of my efforts that I've had quite a number of non paying "clients" over the years requesting my services, both male and female with varying degrees of success.

I did do a work colleague's many years ago which resulted in me inadvertently curing him of his long held complex about his sticking out ears. I'd never done his hair before and he asked me to cut it "over the ears" by which I understood to mean "above the ears". When I promptly snipped off the hair covering his ears he was quite distraught and explained his ear complex which he had never previously spoken about. Despite me trying to reassure him that his ears were fine he left obviously deeply traumatised and clearly regretted having asked me to cut his hair.

However when I next saw him a few days later he really thanked me as he'd had a lot of positive feedback for ditching his somewhat dated covering the ears hairstyle and going for a much more stylish look. He'd also not received any negative comments about his perceived "jug ears" (they really weren't that bad). From that day onwards he continued to sport a hairstlye which unashamedly exposed his ears. If it hadn't been for my error it could have been a complex he had secretly been harbouring over thirty years later.

He did however never ask me to cut his hair again.

And that man....was Gary Lineker.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The wife has cut mine for years now, ever since I retired and was glad not to pay £8 or £10 a go... She does it surprisingly well
If we all learn how to do it, the barbers won't get our custom back afterwards.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
F8BB5BC2-AB1A-4E4E-8287-D7F9F40C2999.jpeg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Having been on my own lockdown for over 5 weeks I did it myself, easy little 3 sides and 4 top so it turned out ok, and no-one's going to see it anyway!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking forward to going from shaved head to ponytail.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'm in the same boat. I should have got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago. There's usually quite a long gap between me thinking about getting it cut and actually making the effort to go to the barber. Oh well, I'm sure I'll look wonderful with long, flowing locks.

This. Except I know I look like a t**t with long hair.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Have a fairly thick thatch of hair, due a cut prior to closure, will self clip and shave right off, did it once before, average hair grows about 1 cm month

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I feel my head hair and face aren't particularly fascinating to eye, so i am planning, in this lockdown, to really let my ear-locks flow and dominate anyone who sees me's eyeline. Bushy and winnet-clad and confrontational.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Should have got mine done a week or two ago. Didn’t have time and have now missed the boat. It’s thick and wavy, argh! Mop top ahoy....
Thankfully the gel pot is full.

I was searching Amazon for clippers last night but am struggling to take the plunge for fear of looking like one of these photos.

When we get through this barbers are going make a killing. Hopefully they’ll make up the lost income they’re facing now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here