Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you Grow your Hair Out or Will You Do it Yourself?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Now that hairdressers and barbers have shut down and mobile hairdressers visiting you at home is also a no no, how do you plan to deal with your growing locks?

Are you fortunate enough to live with a trained hairdresser or do you yourself possess hairdressing skills? I know some on here are already hair cutting diy-ers and simply run the electric clippers over their already thinning scalp but there are those who might be taking the plunge of diy hairdressing for the very first time.
This could either be for themselves or for their partner.

For those taking the plunge for the first time please feel free to post the results for us to give an honest assessment of your efforts...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Now that hairdressers and barbers have shut down and mobile hairdressers visiting you at home is also a no no, how do you plan to deal with your growing locks?

Are you fortunate enough to live with a trained hairdresser or do you yourself possess hairdressing skills? I know some on here are already hair cutting diy-ers and simply run the electric clippers over their already thinning scalp but there are those who might be taking the plunge of diy hairdressing for the very first time.
This could either be for themselves or for their partner.

For those taking the plunge for the first time please feel free to post the results for us to give an honest assessment of your efforts...

As bald as a coot, but it's my wife's thatch I'll be worried about :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I bought a pair of clippers on Sunday...yet to experiment or open the box or find someone in the household who is willing to help at the price offered ..i might have to tip

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I think the paucity of your tresses has already been well established on here. Does your wife usually go to a professional to attend to her thatch?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Was this you in your young days of the sixties?

B3ECCF96-7E20-4EE6-AE56-6B378C1DEC51.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I cut my own hair from age 17 to 34 (till a student told me I should get down to the barber immediately, and I don't mean Paul). So I guess I could do it again...and as I'll be stuck in doors, I can experiment with styles! This one's a little pony

Pony.jpg

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Rather fortunately had mine done 10 days ago by those bloody good Turkish chaps down in Kemptown :thumbsup@

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I usually let my hair grow uncontrolled for about a year, then I shave it all off and let it grow another year. Lockdown seems VERY far away here but if/when it happens I'll be fine unless it drags out six months or so..

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Mines growing out. Afro is coming back for the first time in over 15 years, I'm not looking forward to it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here