Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three month pay holiday on Season Tickets

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...announce-three-month-payment-holiday-for-fans

More than 92% of season-ticket holders have renewed their season tickets for the 2020/21 season.

We appreciate the uncertainty of the current situation for many people, and we are pleased to offer supporters the opportunity of a three-month payment holiday to try and help alleviate some of the worries our season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members might have at the moment.

Following a meeting of the club’s board earlier today, it has been decided by the directors that after this month’s April direct debit payment is taken, that all renewing season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members will have the opportunity to opt in and take a three-month holiday from their monthly direct debits (this would be the May, June and July’s direct debit).

The precise details of this will be communicated to supporters shortly and you will have until 16th April to claim your payment holiday. Once claimed, you will not need to do anything with your Direct Debit as all the changes will be managed for you.

The Club asks that in order to support this three-month break that supporters do all they can to meet their April payment. This holiday will impact the club’s cash flow by around £3m.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great gesture for those that need it. I will keep mine going to support the club but great to have the option

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why is it this bloody football club can't even get this wrong ..... a wonderful gesture at a time people need it most, given without demands. TB, PB & GP we absolutely adore this club and all it stands for*

* Other than not always having Chicken Balti pies .... :whistle:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Superb.

I'd already thought I'd keep mine going all the time I have work as my little contribution to the cashflow situation. So long as there is no job emergency by mid April I won't use this but it is nice to have the option if things go tits up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes I am glad they have done this. Definitely the right thing to do as a lot of people will be struggling and the monthly payments are certainly not insignificant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Next news (hopefully) BHAFC footballers agree to furlough payments in line with millions of football supporters
Sorry but I'm getting quite titsy about people telling footballers what they should and shouldn't do with their wages.

The palace knob-end was saying all premier league footballers should take a 20% pay cut.
To my knowledge he made no reference of his own 20% pay cut.

As others have said, why the flip are footballers the people who should cure the world of all it's ills?
Whether it's racism, poverty, bullying and now pandemics it would seem footballers pay packets are some kind of cure all.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m not surprised by this supremely generous and wonderful gesture but that’s probably because we’ve got the best run club, CEO/Deputy Chairman and Owner in the land.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Those that opt in, please be aware, for the remaining eight months, your direct debit will be a fair bit higher to pay off the balance. Hopefully this health crisis will be over by August.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Those that opt in, please be aware, for the remaining eight months, your direct debit will be a fair bit higher to pay off the balance. Hopefully this health crisis will be over by August.

Good point.

Holiday normally means the liability/cost is permanently no longer due, ever eg the new business rates holiday for the hospitality sector.

PB/TB actually mean just a deferral of payments, NOT a holiday.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Yep - definitely a deferral rather than waived payments. Might help short term but still has to be paid long term. Not sure of the need to put that it would cost the club £3m in cash flow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here