Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clearly People Hate The NHS

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Reports coming back that parts of town still quite full of people going about their business.

London Road still quite busy. People down the seafront etc.

When will people get the message. If you are out and about now then you risk spreading a virus that if unchecked will over the coming months overwhelm our health system and kill not just the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, but NHS workers who are there to save lives - perhaps your life.

I really do despair of the society of ****wit, narcissistic, me-first idiots we have created.

Do the NHS and the people that work there a favour. Do your bit like everyone should be doing their bit. Stay at home and flatten the curve.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey Hammy spend a couple of minutes with Chris, she'll calm you right down:-

[tweet]1242467883080433664[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Reports coming back that parts of town still quite full of people going about their business.

London Road still quite busy. People down the seafront etc.

When will people get the message. If you are out and about now then you risk spreading a virus that if unchecked will over the coming months overwhelm our health system and kill not just the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, but NHS workers who are there to save lives - perhaps your life.

I really do despair of the society of ****wit, narcissistic, me-first idiots we have created.

Do the NHS and the people that work there a favour. Do your bit like everyone should be doing their bit. Stay at home and flatten the curve.

Oh bugger, I thought it was fatten the curve.:rolleyes:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The media really don't help though.

This sort of headline is just a load of nonsense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52022417

Yes some people need clarity I'm sure, but 99% of us understand what was said and that is stay at home. Not difficult is it, so why is the BBC making out it is? Just gives support to these idiots.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Don't want to calm down.

So fed up with all these obtuse or stupid idiots!

"Can I just clarify something?" NO YOU CAN'T! STAY INDOORS!

"I've got another theory..." NOBODY CARES. YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT. YOU HAVE AN ARMCHAIR OPINION. STAY INDOORS!

The chickens are coming home to roost in the Neo-liberal, narcissistic, it's all about me, society.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=world+of+data+film&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't want to calm down.

So fed up with all these obtuse or stupid idiots!

"Can I just clarify something?" NO YOU CAN'T! STAY INDOORS!

"I've got another theory..." NOBODY CARES. YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT. YOU HAVE AN ARMCHAIR OPINION. STAY INDOORS!

The chickens are coming home to roost in the Neo-liberal, narcissistic, it's all about me, society.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=world+of+data+film&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Probably best you don't press play then!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If my local beach is anything to go by then people simply don't give a shyte, holidaymakers still arrving and wandering around as if nothings changed, just mind boggling how thick humans can be.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Worthing residents seem to have got the message

[tweet]1242469582276677633[/tweet]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think this is a perfect time to have a mass cull of all the useless tossers that give nothing to society

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The media really don't help though.

This sort of headline is just a load of nonsense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52022417

Yes some people need clarity I'm sure, but 99% of us understand what was said and that is stay at home. Not difficult is it, so why is the BBC making out it is? Just gives support to these idiots.

The reason clarity is needed is because Boris repeatedly gives incomplete or contradictory information. He did it last night yet again. The message is Stay at Home. That’s clear. But then he says if you can’t work at home you can go to work. We then all become a subjective judge on what constitutes “can’t.” NSC was awash with questions last night due to this from whether plasterers, who clearly can’t work at home, could go to work to whether folk could visit their allotments or even pop into their garden.

The very simple way to stop the BBC running a headline like this is give clear information....other nations have managed it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m back working tomorrow...Got some fencing and a new front door to hang for someone..... Just checking in here if it’s ok for me to do it. Having not worked properly for two months I’m getting peckish now and thought I might get some dosh in.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
There's a saying going round where I live "Six feet apart, or six feet under, the choice is yours."

I went out for a walk locally on Sunday but kept my distance from others.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
How do you know what people are going about doing?

Could they perhaps live in the centre of town, and need to go to supermarkets around there?

Could they be people that are still being forced by their employer to work?

Unless they are sitting around having a barbecue (I have heard that the police have had to shut some down), it's never obvious that people are 'going about their normal business'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The reason clarity is needed is because Boris repeatedly gives incomplete or contradictory information. He did it last night yet again. The message is Stay at Home. That’s clear. But then he says if you can’t work at home you can go to work. We then all become a subjective judge on what constitutes “can’t.” NSC was awash with questions last night due to this from whether plasterers, who clearly can’t work at home, could go to work to whether folk could visit their allotments or even pop into their garden.

The very simple way to stop the BBC running a headline like this is give clear information....other nations have managed it.

Biggest problem is that they presumably expect people to use common sense. It really isn’t rocket science. You clearly want a Nanny State

How the feck can they go through every scenario possible?

The mind boggles at how many gormless people inhabit these shores ( not aimed at you btw)

Regarding which countries have handled it best, only time will tell. Every country has people who think the recommendations don’t apply to them. Selfish tossers

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Biggest problem is that they presumably expect people to use common sense. It really isn’t rocket science. You clearly want a Nanny State

The mind boggles at how many gormless people inhabit these shores ( not aimed at you btw)

Regarding which countries have handled it best, only time will tell. Every country has people who think the recommendations don’t apply to them. Selfish tossers

I have suspected for some years that the British Electorate has a fairly significant proportion of morons who couldn't be trusted to sit the right way on a toilet seat without detailed instructions. I'm afraid the last few weeks has simply confirmed my suspicions :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Emergency texts are now being sent out but we actually trialled this seven years ago but never put it into practice. If it had been, the government could have bypassed the operators and sent messages directly to phone users, as has happened in countries such as South Korea and the Netherlands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52017451

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have suspected for some years that the British Electorate has a fairly significant proportion of morons who couldn't be trusted to sit the right way on a toilet seat without detailed instructions. I'm afraid the last few weeks has simply confirmed my suspicions :wink:

Such as those who stuck a screwdriver into the tyres of six Kent ambulances, whereas others have been burglaring hospitals in the northwest stealing canisters.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

The sheer arrogance of that woman is mind boggling.

If it wasn't such a serious situation I'd be impressed with the size of the stones swinging between her knees.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

I just wonder if there are a significant minority who are thinking 'better to get it now, while there's still an ICU bed for me if needed, than be safe and still get it in 10 weeks when they're all taken' and are therefore deliberately putting themselves in harms way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here