Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Empty - awesome photos

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Probably somewhere where the beauty is normally spoilt by crowds. Machu Pichu springs to mind. Have always wanted to go, but fear it would be permanently overrun with people and nothing like the evocative images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I mentioned this to the missus the other day in that what a great time to take photos of iconic places etc and not have the mass crowds standing in front of the camera.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
The Austria Alps

On 15 March:

439253F1-3F38-4D78-B197-D1506DD6151A.jpeg

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Stunning, that’s paradise for me.

Which resort, was that the last day the pistes could be accessed?

My guess, one of the glaciers. Hintertux?

Good guess. It’s actually the Kitzsteinhorn and it was taken on the last afternoon before closure. Minutes later we learned that Austria was being totally locked down at midnight the next day. Quickly had to rebook flights and get back to the U.K.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good guess. It’s actually the Kitzsteinhorn and it was taken on the last afternoon before closure. Minutes later we learned that Austria was being totally locked down at midnight the next day. Quickly had to rebook flights and get back to the U.K.

It had the look of Austrian glacier skiing, with mountain top tow lifts. A brother of mine skied at Kaprun one summer’s afternoon in 1985, just for laugh ... his only attempt at skiing.

When this crisis is over, hopefully in good health, I can’t wait to get back to the Alps.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here