Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long is it since you left the house?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Only 23 hours so far but not planning to go out today but will need to tomorrow.. I'm sure some on here have already been housebound for a number of days even before the latest restrictions...

Is anyone going to forgo the allowable opportunities or let their partners go out foraging for the essentials?

Is there a danger of becoming too comfortable in your isolation so when restrictions are lifted you find it too daunting to go out, much like insitutionalised prisoners who can"t cope with freedom once they have served their sentence and commit crimes purely so they can be re-imprisoned.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
20 minutes ago. Went for a 30min walk. Lovely day out there

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just about 26 hours now, and that was only to go to the corner shop to get some milk. Haven't been out for longer than 5 minutes since Saturday shopping trip.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sunday morning, jumped in car and drove to in-laws to leave a Mothers Day card and present. Rang doorbell and jumped back in car until they answered.

48 hours so far - whole family doing “shielding” - so only 83+ days to go...!

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Thursday, but I have a back garden. Still feeling cooped up, though.

I'll stay in for the duration if I can get the food deliveries sorted. Got one from Sainsbury's yesterday, but was that a fluke?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Around 30 minutes ago, bought and delivered essentials to the self-isolating son and girlfriend.

So triple whammy with good deed, essentials shopping plus exercise

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
About 2hrs my friend's dog got out, only a puppy. We went looking while keeping our distance. Little girl found hiding under a bush. Very lucky as they live near the A21 and she had run across it, fortunately it was empty.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
About an hour ago as took the dog for a walk which obviously included my daily exercise. A few people doing the same but everyone keeping their distance.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Along, long week. Went out last Tuesday.

Mrs has me under house arrest. I'd like to walk the deserted streets of Lower Bevendean but she's a bit paranoid at the moment. At least I have a garden.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Went out for a stroll last night. Been in all day today. Will be going to the bakers and co-op tomorrow which will be both shopping and exercise.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
about 115 hrs... i have popped to the flats communal gardens but not out from the block.

I am enjoying being lazy to be honest. I don't feel bored as i have so many odds jobs to do around the flat... but first i have a few films and series to watch.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’ve only been out on one day in the last 8. Otherwise been inside the whole time.

Saturday was a relief; went to the supermarket and got enough in supplies to not have to go for another 14 days.

Then drove out to Al Qudra, where you can start to get a bit of desert on the outskirts of Dubai.

Walked the dunes in total solitude, and got some nice pictures of the thunderstorms we had over the weekend, as they headed out over the distant desert and the sun came down.

78dee9c727080325ce46a3f31cc8a758.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’ve not used the car since Thursday 12th and have only been out for a few short walks round the park and a couple of runs. Trying to not get angry at all the idiots who think the restrictions don’t apply to them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An hour ago, just got back from my mate’s BBQ in Coventry.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
We went for our allotted walk at lunchtime, into the woods, only saw others in the distance. Tomorrow lunchtime I'm off to the allotment.

I do hope that the way everyone was obeying the rules away from the cities would mean that even if some of the population don't, that we can continue following these rules without too many more restrictions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here