Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Docker - quay worker.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are lots of essential civil servants that you’ve not listed. Immigration Service, DWP, highways agency etc.

They are all key workers.
Yes, presumably many people will be depending on the DWP for money, also presumably HMRC. Plus other pension providers.

I'm lucky being an OAP myself, so I expect my income to be secure, unlike many out there with jobs lost or reduced - that's assuming the pension continues to come through every four weeks od course! If there is a glitch in pension payments, I have got some savings - not a huge amount, but I could survive for a while on them - assuming the banks are still functioning of course, so I'd list them as essential workers too.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I've seen a few posts on here, from people who seem surprised that they are 'key workers'

I've listed what I could think of, off the top of my head. But I suspect 'others' could be interesting

So, what is it you do ?

I work at GSK in Worthing, so 'medicine supply chain'. We've seen a 170% increase in demand for our main antibiotic product over recent days as it is used to treat pneumonia, which is a common secondary infection of Covid-19. Staffing levels are, unsurprisingly, right down, so it's 'all hands to the pump' and I've been doing 11-12hr days all week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here