Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] This weather

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We really could do with it pissing down for a couple of weeks to keep the ****wits indoors, couldn't we?

Indeed. It was like Easter vacation here yesterday when I ventured out for supplies - middle aged men in lycra congregating together, admiring each others' equipment, before cycling off in close formation. Plus a queue of Sheffield Wednesday proportions outside the pharmacy. :mad:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not really. Gardens for many are a great extension to house space.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong - I love it out there.

But so does everyone else.

Two weeks of solid rain really would help suppress the spread of the virus.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Indeed. It was like Easter vacation here yesterday when I ventured out for supplies - middle aged men in lycra congregating together, admiring each others' equipment, before cycling off in close formation. Plus a queue of Sheffield Wednesday proportions outside the pharmacy. :mad:

We've just had the bin men collect our crap, all dressed up like crime scene investigators, hurling the bags in the back of the the truck at 2 metre intervals, amazing site, especially when you'd think they could enter the refuse olympics in the event of bag chucking :lolol:

I undertsand the motivation behind it, but do fear that if we get to a situation where people cannot sensibly (key word) go for a walk or a cycle then additional health concerns arise in both physical and mental health terms.

The right answer in theory is that everyone stays in 24/7, but some gentle/moderate exercise will make the whole thing more bearable and if distanced correctly should not enhance the spread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Another 6 months of solid rain really would help suppress the spread of the virus.
I feel the need for a necessary point of order.

Plus I'm clinging onto the, probable false, conclusion that this good warm weather will help us manage this quicker.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not really. Gardens for many are a great extension to house space.

Are they though? I've just been informed by the government that I'm one of the 1.5M who have to go into isolation for the next 12 weeks. Yes, I know I can't go shopping, or even for a walk in the park which is virtually deserted, but the instructions are still conflating terms like stay at home, stay indoors, don't go out, etc. As far as I can see, none of the official releases have mentioned gardens - can I go and mow the lawn, or just sit in the sunshine, or am I actually banned from setting foot outside my back door?

Hopefully they'll come up with clarification soon; if they don't, I think I will use my definition of 'home' to include my garden.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I undertsand the motivation behind it, but do fear that if we get to a situation where people cannot sensibly (key word) go for a walk or a cycle then additional health concerns arise in both physical and mental health terms.

The right answer in theory is that everyone stays in 24/7, but some gentle/moderate exercise will make the whole thing more bearable and if distanced correctly should not enhance the spread.

Cycling into Lewes for work (0530hrs) these last few days there’s been a pensioner out on his bike having a cycle before the day gets started. With bike lights you can go out after dark on fairly deserted roads. As a key worker and road cycling commuter who works a 24/7 shift pattern my commute has never been more relaxing this last week in terms of traffic.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Two weeks of solid rain really would help suppress the spread of the virus.

As the Rozzers call it, ‘natures policeman’.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm staggered, here in Arundel I've got a team of landscapers over the road still working and up the road there's a team fitting a new kitchen, these are hardly "essential" shirley?

Before anyone bangs the "they've got to earn a living" gong can I just say so have we all, I'm isolating now and keeping my teenage lads in the house despite them seeing this over the road and their mates walking down the street and out playing football, it's madness and maddening. The sooner we all realise that we can conquer this collectively the better, self centered *******

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We really could do with it pissing down for a couple of weeks to keep the ****wits indoors, couldn't we?

Loving the sentiment, tho the law of sod has it that the deluge of biblical proportions that has drenched us for the past six months more or less non-stop has finally pissed off at the worst possible time. Sake!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Having a working kitchen is pretty essential isn't it?

Ripping out a working kitchen and replacing for cosmetic reasons isn't

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loving the sentiment, tho the law of sod has it that the deluge of biblical proportions that has drenched us for the past six months more or less non-stop has finally pissed off at the worst possible time. Sake!

Yep, we've had the floods, now the plague - look out for locusts incoming; around August, I guess.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Are they though? I've just been informed by the government that I'm one of the 1.5M who have to go into isolation for the next 12 weeks. Yes, I know I can't go shopping, or even for a walk in the park which is virtually deserted, but the instructions are still conflating terms like stay at home, stay indoors, don't go out, etc. As far as I can see, none of the official releases have mentioned gardens - can I go and mow the lawn, or just sit in the sunshine, or am I actually banned from setting foot outside my back door?

Hopefully they'll come up with clarification soon; if they don't, I think I will use my definition of 'home' to include my garden.

How were you informed (if you don't mind my asking), was it a posted letter or email?

I'm waiting for the Tabloids .... Heatwave expected by Friday to break all records

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The advice for you over 70s to stay in is entirely for your safety. If you have a nice garden, however, I would not hesitate to go outside and enjoy it, so long as next door (upwind) garden isn't full of young people, breathing over your fence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here