Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] A threadfull of great mixes (any genre)

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Cos we need a shed load of music to listen to right now.

Post some of your favourite mixes you've found from over the net, any genre, audio or with video too.

Recently saw/heard this Kerri Chandler mix. Usually not fussed about seeing a dj work but the man's mixing on reel to reel tapes for flips sake!

https://youtu.be/YC7Mw8RjlXM

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Go back to early noughties for classic euphoric trance, and Ferry Corsten .....<sigh>

Edit, replaced the previous mix - bloody crowd noise - twats!

This will suffice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySjTuQDu84Q

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've made two:

(made 2 years ago but, creepy now, I began with the video with ICU bed statistics)

Never was capable of making house music, but had some months in 2011 where I rid room music:

"Great" is subjective.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Currently listening to On The Floor at the Boutique by Fatboy Slim, might give Big Beach Boutique a listen to next.

Keep these coming, need something on in the background at work.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

This video mix by DK is very good (and 9 years old now).

There are other parts on't net

'Cymatic Frequencies' an Audio Visual mix by DK

The Solid Steel radio show regularly features AV mixes alongside the audio and this week DK gives you another treat for eyes as well as your ears with his full on Audio Visual mix 'Cymatic Frequencies'.
It's packed full of musical highlights from 2010, Ninja Tune & Big Dada XX celebrations and of course the odd classic thrown in for good measure, all with added visuals (most of them created for each track). No other radio show regularly gives you this 'visual version of a mixtape'

We start where we ended the last AV mix with the anthemic 'Hyph Mngo' by Joy Orbison and a few choice words from Sun Ra. We continue in a future vein with the Eliphino Remix for Kidkanevil, Maddslinky given a Toddla T lick, and the heavy 'Work them' by Ramadanman.
Then it's a Ninja Tune trio and a Big Dada double, James Blake floating over the Altrice remix of Caribou, before turning up the bass to 11 for Bassnectar. The beats stay heavy as we skip through George Lenton and the Jamie XX remix of Gil Scott-Heron, an 'old skool hip hop' trio, mixed with RackNRuin and Vent for extra dance floor punch, and it's a D n B finish with the DJ Marky remix of 'Wile Out' by Zinc, Sunny by James Brown tweaked by Featurecast and we end on the sublime Flying Lotus remix for Andreya Triana.

Listen, Watch and Enjoy.

This is just part of a set that is played out live using Serato Video-SL plug in for Scratch Live. Contact solidsteel@ninjatune.net for more info.

Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo (Visuals - Alex Roman / DK re-edit)
Juice Aleem - First lesson (accapella) (Visuals Petah Hayes / DK re-edit)
Kidkanevil - The Floating World (Eliphino Remix) (Visuals - Alex Roman / DK re-edit)
Maddslinky - Special Featuring Omar (Toddla T Remix) (Visuals SEEN© / Polynoid / DK re-edit)
Ramadanman - WorkThem (Visuals - Play Airways / DK re-edit)
Dreadsquad & Lady Chann - Money ah dem god (P-Era & FJH UK Funky Rmx)(Visuals - Paul Griswold)
Coldcut & Hexstatic - Timber (Seiji remix) (Visuals - Coldcut/Hexstatic)
Bonobo - Eyesdown (Warrior One remix)
Thunderheist - Jerk it (Visuals - That Go)
Jammer - One over me (Visuals - Jay K / DK re-edit)
Hexstatic - Distorted minds Featuring Juice Aleem (Zero dB remix) (Visuals - Hexstatic )
Caribou - Sun (Altrice Remix)
James Blake - Limit to your love (Visuals - Martin de Thurah )
Bassnectar - Cozza Frenzy (Bassnectar Mega-Bass Remix) (Visuals - Patrick Jean )
MJ Cole - Sincere (Nero remix) (Visuals - DK re-edit)
George Lenton - Cold Rocker (Visuals - elo | meno | pe / DK re-edit)
Marco Del Horno v Swerve - Ho! Riddim ft. P-Money (Visuals - Chris Read )
Dyme Def - Do Something (Inst)
Gil Scott-Heron _ NY Is Killing Me (Jamie XX mix)
Coldcut - More Beats & Pieces (US of Audio remix) (Visuals - Coldcut and Hex
Ghislain Poirier - Blazin' (Modeselektor remix) (Visuals - Umfeld dir. Scott Pagano / DJ Food re-edit)
The Bug - Poison dart (Visuals - Tom Oswald Jess Gorrick )
Alborosie - Kingston Town (Bassnectar remix) (Visuals - Ras Kassa )
Dead Prez & W.T.F. - It's Bigger Than Hip Hop UK (Visuals - Brian Beletic )
RackNRuin - Soundclash (Visuals - Chris Cunningham / DK re-edit)
Big Daddy Kane - Raw (Visuals - Live at DMC 1989)
Vent - Guilty (Visuals - Aiko / DK re-edit)
Eric B & Rakim - Follow the leader
Tom Central & Kaitain - Akama (Visuals - Owen Gatley and Luke Jinks / DK re-edit)
Slim - It's in the mix
The Beatles - Come together (A.Skillz Remix) (Visuals - Beatles Rock Band Cinematic and Outro / DJ Food re-edit)
Bassnectar - Basshead (Visuals - Richard Anthony / Flight 404 / Stefan Goodchild / DK re-edit)
Mistabishi - Printer Jam (Visuals - Tin Spider )
DJ Vadim - The Terrorist (MIR Crew Remix) (Visuals - Resistance 2 PSP WW History trailer )
ZINC - Wile Out (feat Ms Dynamite - DJ Marky remix) (Visuals - Amit & Naroop )
James Brown - Sunny (Regrooved by Featurecast) (Visuals - Tetsumasa Saito / DK re-edit)
Andreya Triana - Lost Where I Belong (Flying Lotus Remix) (Visuals - Duckeye )

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

I destroyed their manager back in the day with a joint. He was at my step daughters place in Portland Road when we came home from Holland. He phoned her the next day asking 'wtf was that'. Told her he got to The Drive traffic lights and whilst waiting for them to turn green, forgot how to drive and had to push his car into a parking space and pick it up in the morning :lol:

Jul 7, 2003
Not a mix as such but I've been listening to Cyber Rock Radio online this week. Really wide range of music from Smiths right through to Rammstein, no presenters, ad breaks once an hour and most importantly, no news so you can get away from COVID-19 for while.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
wow, I'd forgotten all about Nextmen, cheers :clap2:

A Child's Introduction To Jazz was one of a few early ones they put on limited edition CDs. They're all probably uploaded somewhere now but if you want something up to date from them they've got a cracking podcast.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here