Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sussex born and bred - fm20 challenge

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Fro those of you with time on your hands and play FM 20

THE 'SUSSEX BORN AND BRED' FM 20 CHALLENGE

We all agree that Sussex is under-represented in professional football. So let's change that!

Download the up to level 12 editor data file here: https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/51414/wip-england-down-to-level-10-with-fa-competitions

Take over as manager of a team from the Isthmian Division 1 South East - Level 8 (any lower and the game's too easy and unrealistic)

Your objectives are:

1) To manage a Sussex-based team into the professional leagues (other than Brighton or Crawley of course). Then...
2) To win the Champions -League with a Sussex-based team (could be Brighton or Crawley)
3) Complete step 2 with at least one member of staff being an ex-Albion or Crawley player.

If you can do all this with a team of mostly Sussex-born players.... you are a GOD!

Come and play and share your updates here.... :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Okay I'm in, I have just taken control of Ashford in the Isthmian Division 1 South East.

I will report back my progress.

Out of interest have you ever tried the online game? I haven't do both players have to be online at the same time to make it work?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oof. Challenge accepted. Will get started tonight.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Much like my footballing abilities, I have no idea how to even begin to play fm20, so I’ll remain a loyal supporter from the terraces, just need to decide who to tie my colours to. Is there any way of watching the progress of the Sussex Born and Bred challenge?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Okay I'm in, I have just taken control of Ashford in the Isthmian Division 1 South East.

Out of interest have you ever tried the online game? I haven't do both players have to be online at the same time to make it work?

Ashford is in Kent.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Cant do online because of family commitments...e specially now :annoyed:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I have arrived at Burgess Hill and they are very unhappy bunnies. Still hoping that bringing back Ian Chapman and getting Bas Savage on board might cheers things up. If I have the money and space maybe Bobby and Siddo as well... on the staff of course ;)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
:facepalm::flounce:

I started unemployed and they were the only club available.

Bollocks I'll start again tomorrow.

For the challenge mate you don't have to start unemployed... you can pick a team.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can I TRUST someone to look after Whitehawk ?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9291225 said:
How do I get this lower league data installed on a Mac? There's instructions on the linked site in the OP but not working for me...

This from the website discussion:

The files will appear in the following location:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

Open Finder
Click ‘Go’ from the menubar
Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key
This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

I assume this is the location where the files need to be. Then you put it in the editor data folder I assume, like you do with PC.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9291225]How do I get this lower league data installed on a Mac? There's instructions on the linked site in the OP but not working for me...
I tried it the other day and couldn't get it to work. I did it on my PC and then saved the game to the cloud to access on Mac.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Amazing, I'm in! Have always wanted to play as Shoreham, now is my chance!

Level 10! Go for it.. first coupe of seasons may be a bit easy but it will give you a headwind ;)

Burgess Hill one week away from the start of the season and the old men Scott Kirkwood and Dan Beck are on fire!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Okay Whitehawk are up and running. A shit load of trial players to take my defensive places.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So we've managed to first seven games of the league and Burgess Hill are siting second. Knocked out of the FA cup by Lewes in the first Q round . Solid in defence but need a goalscorer. Undefeated but too many draws. If only Bas was not just a coach....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here