Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20-30 tonight. Lockdown

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Still have to plant turnips, radishes and lettuce and lolo rosso…. give me another day Boris !

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Many of yesterday’s scenes weren’t repeated today. I’d love him to hold off until Friday.

I'm afraid they were down here.
So many 2nd home and caravan owners they have flocked to Cornwall.
Campsites who have now been told to close has only led to campervans parking up in roads and car parks that are near the sea and beaches.
Locals and councils telling them to piss off home.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent film with Sylvester Stallone

Jan 30, 2008
I'm afraid they were down here.
So many 2nd home and caravan owners they have flocked to Cornwall.
Campsites who have now been told to close has only led to campervans parking up in roads and car parks that are near the sea and beaches.
Locals and councils telling them to piss off home.

And you'll ask them to come back nicely when you need them :dunce:
Regards
DF

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52000039

20:37
What was just announced?
If you’re just joining us, UK PM Boris Johnson has just announced a major ramping up of coronavirus measures.

Here are the major points of his speech:

From tonight, people in Britain will be allowed to leave their homes for only “very limited purposes” - shopping for basic necessities; for one form of exercise a day; for any medical need; and to travel to and from work when “absolutely necessary”
People are warned not to meet friends or family members who they do not live with
Shopping is only permitted for essentials like food and medicine, and people are advised to do it “as little as you can”
Police have powers to enforce the rules, including through fines and dispersing gatherings
All shops selling non-essential goods, such as clothing and electronic stores, are ordered to close
Libraries, playgrounds, outdoor gyms and places of worship are to close
All gatherings of more than two people in public - excluding people you live with - are banned
All social events, including weddings and baptisms are banned
Funerals are not included in the new restrictions
Parks will remain open for exercise but gatherings will be dispersed
Restrictions “under constant review” and will be checked again in three weeks. They will be relaxed “if the evidence shows we are able to”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Medical need paperwork dug out for Boots Pharmacy tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Be prepared.

This may disperse the queues. Forty outside my local pharmacy this afternoon. Why?

I hope you are staying safe and have local support, given that you have reported respiratory issues previously. A sense of humour keeps up the white blood cell count and exercise elevates the mood. NSC (and individuals on it) am* your friend.

*Power over grammar should be limited during these troubled times, and I am showing the way. Fact.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Good luck to you all in the UK.

We've had just over a week of it here in France.......it's a bit surreal the first few days and then reality settles in and it's not so bad.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This may disperse the queues. Forty outside my local pharmacy this afternoon. Why?

I hope you are staying safe and have local support, given that you have reported respiratory issues previously. A sense of humour keeps up the white blood cell count and exercise elevates the mood. NSC (and individuals on it) am* your friend.

*Power over grammar should be limited during these troubled times, and I am showing the way. Fact.

Well said Mike :thumbsup:

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Undoubtedly not the most pressing or issues but my car is due an MOT in the next few weeks. If the test centres shut, as it sounds like they will, does that mean I’d be expected not to drive? Surely it will be ok to keep driving (on essential journeys of course) in these extraordinary circumstances.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

We've had just over a week of it here in France.......it's a bit surreal the first few days and then reality settles in and it's not so bad.

What are the penalties if your found wandering the streets without good and legal cause.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There’s nothing that has just been announced that means we have to change anything about the way we’ve been living for a few days now.

I take comfort from that, but there are a whole load of selfish, stupid, arrogant ****wits out there - I hope they finally listen and act.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
There’s nothing that has just been announced that means we have to change anything about the way we’ve been living for a few days now.

I take comfort from that, but there are a whole load of selfish, stupid, arrogant ****wits out there - I hope they finally listen and act.

Oddly enough it was a similar statement last Monday evening by Macron that it finally sunk home to everyone here, the importance of staying at home/away from others. Attitudes changed overnight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here