Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alex Salmond.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He doesn’t pronounce the L in his surname does he ?

And he walks Scot free.

Or does he ?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
his defence job have done a good case of presenting the aspect of the evidence which was damning ( lots of women with similar stories describing a modus operandi) as somehow in hs favour

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Interesting that on one count the verdict was not proven rather than not guilty.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Interesting that on one count the verdict was not proven rather than not guilty.

The ''Not Proven'' system in Scotland is a good system I think. It allows the ''deemed victim'' to leave with their credibility as in tact as is possible - The fact that the remainder were ''Not Guilty'' is worrying that he may have been convicted wrongly because it looks like there may have been some sort of ''witch hunt'' in place in this instance because there was the option to find '' Not Proven '' in those instances as well.

I am glad it went to Court because we need to believe women when they make these claims. There has obviously something inappropriate in his actions. That's my opinion anyhow and I am worried he may have dodged a bullet here; however, by the same token, it would have been just as bad to convict him if he wasn't Guilty of anything.

At least he is on notice now that his past behaviour hasn't been appropriate, even if he hasn't been convicted of any crime. I feel sorry for the women more than him tonight.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The ''Not Proven'' system in Scotland is a good system I think. It allows the ''deemed victim'' to leave with their credibility as in tact as is possible - The fact that the remainder were ''Not Guilty'' is worrying that he may have been convicted wrongly because it looks like there may have been some sort of ''witch hunt'' in place in this instance because there was the option to find '' Not Proven '' in those instances as well.

I am glad it went to Court because we need to believe women when they make these claims. There has obviously something inappropriate in his actions. That's my opinion anyhow and I am worried he may have dodged a bullet here; however, by the same token, it would have been just as bad to convict him if he wasn't Guilty of anything.

At least he is on notice now that his past behaviour hasn't been appropriate, even if he hasn't been convicted of any crime. I feel sorry for the women more than him tonight.

Fair points,well made.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

Attachments

• Stinking fish.jpg
    Stinking fish.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 135

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
ALEC Salmond

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For my sins, I’m dipping in and out of Salmond’s appearance before a committee.

They haven’t got to the meaty bit yet about Sturgeon and her hubby.

I get the impression that the tyrannical Chairperson will block a lot of what might be asked and said.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here