Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Just the Diehards Left?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well with football, (whatever that is), fast becoming little more than a distant memory, and with many of us regulars having to ask directions to the Amex when it finally reopens it's doors, we are fast having to think of other things to discuss.

As a result l'm wondering if there are many casuals still reading the boards of NSC, never mind posting anything. Does anyone know what the actual post count is, compared say to a couple of months ago when footie was still being played, and was thus far more topical?.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'd class myself as a diehard normally, but with so so many coronavirus threads (turning into political ones by post #3) I am generally reading less and posting a lot less than usual.

I'm spending more time on discord and Reddit away from the conspiracy theorists and other whingers and weirdos.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm still here, waiting for the first transfer target rumour thread as we approach the end of the season, along with where are we going for the pre-season tour.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd class myself as a diehard normally, but with so so many coronavirus threads (turning into political ones by post #3) I am generally reading less and posting a lot less than usual.

I'm spending more time on discord and Reddit away from the conspiracy theorists and other whingers and weirdos.

Well said and how I feel....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Bloddy Tories..

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I have a quick read every now and then to check football related posts, but the politics on here I now find tedious and dull with the usual suspects trading insults. I find that as a result I use NSC less than I used to. I would prefer it if politics was kept out of NSC or at least had its own dedicated page so I could avoid it, but I accept that I may be in a minority here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Most users ever online was 46,941, on 30th July 2018.

We currently have just over 1,000. The hard core saddos.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The reason I come to NSC is to talk sport, particularly the stripes of course.
When I do comment on non football stuff I often have a sense of “why am I doing this?” even as I press the post button.
NSC can be a beautiful thing when it sticks to sport, less so politics and moralising.
So I’m on here a lot less right now.

Edit : just seen the cv sub section. good idea mods.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I never thought I would say it but I miss BG.
My never ending arguments with him are now gone.
I never had BG on ignore unlike a few plonkers I've recently added.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m a casual user of NSC and will remain so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NSC seems like it always is, to me. Plenty of very funny and humane people posting, plus a new noisy nob-heads.

Work, NSC and listening to a lake of Wave, Witch-house and Sadboy music (three fairly recent doscoveries) are my daily past-time right now. I shall post some music later, probably have an unreasonable argument with someone about some trivia, and think wistfully about the football....<sigh>

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I do think the usual jokes aside that NSC does have a problem in common with most social media with unnecessarily aggressive and moronic posters. This is not just on politics threads but across the board generally. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with each other in fact without it what is the point in discussing anything? But the name calling, trolling and general rudeness does seem to be getting much worse in the last few months especially. I'd like to see the mods take a tougher line with it and if you are going to be rude to someone at least try and make it funny for everybody else? The standard of put down on NSC has declined considerably over the last few years :D

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I class myself as a sad act like the rest of you

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Oh the NSC clique and mods are still here banning people from threads. Same old same old nsc.

Interesting, somebody posted a thread yesterday in good faith about a malware trojan, the thread was deleted instantly and they were infracted, whatever that means, pissed the person right off and has declared a permanent NSC thread start upon themselves.

Vive la revolution!

Chill out Mods,pull up a plastic chair and relax, there's more to life than interweb dictatorship without just cause "unquote" obviously..

P, S I love mods, they're doing a fantastic job on the front line in difficult circumstances, where would we be without them. :hilton:

Call me if you need any shopping done x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here