Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Vera Lynn - We’ll Meet Again

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She was 103 last week. Is it possible they could wheel her out for the good of the country again.

Altogether now....

We’ll meet again,
Don’t know where,
Don’t know when,
But I know we’ll meet again,
Some sunny day.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Wheel loose again,
Don't know where (But probably at the Amex)
Don't know when (But probably when we finally play Arsenal)
But I know wheel loose again some sunny day

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I saw that. It got me thinking of who was the oldest famous person. I mean someone who was famous for their achievements not their age.The Swiss tenor Hugues Cuenod was 108 when he died, I don't know if anyone has beaten that but maybe Dame Vera will

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
She was 103 last week. Is it possible they could wheel her out for the good of the country again.

Altogether now....

We’ll meet again,
Don’t know where,
Don’t know when,
But I know we’ll meet again,
Some sunny day.

Never were those words more true. Unfortunately though, the majority of the population have probably never have even heard of her.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think her singing voice may be shot

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Plenty of idiots met up yesterday on a sunny day.
Not sure we should be promoting this as the same people will think it's ok to do it again today as it's a sunny day.
No doubt there is a crowd on the White cliffs of Dover looking for bluebirds.

I saw that. It got me thinking of who was the oldest famous person. I mean someone who was famous for their achievements not their age.The Swiss tenor Hugues Cuenod was 108 when he died, I don't know if anyone has beaten that but maybe Dame Vera will

Olivia de Havilland ( of Gone with the Wind fame) is slightly older than Vera and still around.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

My grandad was 106 when he passed away and his daughter - my auntie - is at present 104. Ok not well known outside our family but nonetheless an amazing fact...........
Or not.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
They'll be blue (and white) birds over, the white cliffs of Rottingdean...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My grandad was 106 when he passed away and his daughter - my auntie - is at present 104. Ok not well known outside our family but nonetheless an amazing fact...........
Or not.

A\mazing indeed, well done Auntie!

Just because your uncle & aunt aren't household names, or known to many, doesn't undervalue their achievement one iota.

:clap2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here