Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Anyone doing the joe wicks workout?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did the 10 minutes bit and I am knackered!

Tomorrow will do the 20 minutes

Afterwards try and go for the full 30 minutes.

It’s on YouTube live 9 ish!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It wasn't 30, was it?

It was a 5-minute warm-up and then 2 * 10-minute sessions.

Anyway, yes, did it with my son.

I often do his "adult" HIIT and kettlebell sessions at home during the day anyway. It is amazing how much sweat you can work up in a few minutes in front of your TV!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yeah soon has he comes on I walk out.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My daughter is now at home, but still doing her lessons online (Google Classroom). She had PE this morning, which was a Joe Wicks workout. She seemed to enjoy it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Persona aside, he's always been an excellent PT.

His older workouts are better and more intense.

I can see that he would be the sort of person that a lot of people would be irked about, but I can't really understand why.

His story, starting from running bootcamps for one man and his dog in Richmond to where he is now is pretty inspirational, and I don't doubt his primary motivation is to get people healthier.

He doesn't take himself seriously at all and is happy to make himself the focus of a joke.

I can't begrudge him his lovely house in Richmond, his second home in Santa Monica and being married to ex-model Rosie Jones. The utter *******.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good start to the day for the kids

What is Google Classroom?

https://classroom.google.com/u/0/h

Google's reach into education. Schools use it for teachers to communicate with students, and for students to communicate with each other in a safe environment. My son's primary school have used it for quite a while, and it really comes into its own for the current situation.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Just heard him on R5L - apparently 806,000 logins this morning so millions doing it presumably.

It had passed me by but I'll check it out later - today's session is available on his channel apparently - and make it my 9am routine from now on I think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just heard him on R5L - apparently 806,000 logins this morning so millions doing it presumably.

It had passed me by but I'll check it out later - today's session is available on his channel apparently - and make it my 9am routine from now on I think.

Yeah, all live streams remain on YouTube (unless the creator removes them).

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Athlean-X on YouTube is very good for workouts in general. He does a range of workouts and is very clued up as to anatomy and physiology.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
https://classroom.google.com/u/0/h

Google's reach into education. Schools use it for teachers to communicate with students, and for students to communicate with each other in a safe environment. My son's primary school have used it for quite a while, and it really comes into its own for the current situation.

My school sent the kids home with an empty exercise book so they are behind the curve to say the least. Very interesting and an obvious source that could be used. Thanks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My school sent the kids home with an empty exercise book so they are behind the curve to say the least. Very interesting and an obvious source that could be used. Thanks.

We have a timetable for each day of the next two weeks with activities scheduled as they would be in class, a big bundle of resources and exercises and teachers available via Google Classroom.

It's very impressive what they put together in such a short period of time.

My other half works at the school that [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]'s daughter attends. They didn't have Google Classroom in use at all, but rapidly deployed it last week ensuring all students could access it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A friend started a watch party on Facebook with her children. Her camera was on her and the kids, but I could hear Joe. I did the warm up and several of the easier movements.
I was being careful as I didn't want to put anything out and have to attend an overstretched A&E. That's my excuse, anyway.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We have a timetable for each day of the next two weeks with activities scheduled as they would be in class, a big bundle of resources and exercises and teachers available via Google Classroom.

It's very impressive what they put together in such a short period of time.

My other half works at the school that [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]'s daughter attends. They didn't have Google Classroom in use at all, but rapidly deployed it last week ensuring all students could access it.

We've got loads of resources and have also planned a timetable as one of them really needs routine

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bloody hell that was a hard one...heart rate up to 120

Still sweating after stopping 10 minutes ago.

Fabulous scenes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here