Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Taking your dog for a walk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So much information out there to wade through.

Are we being advised not to walk our dogs, or does it depend where you live?

I can go to places where there are very few people as I live close to the countryside.

Thoughts ( without abuse please :smile:)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You can walk your dog but are advised to stay 2 metres away from other people, you ******* ****.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The deeper into the wild you can go, the better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You can walk your dog but are advised to stay 2 metres away from other people, you ******* ****.

I’d only be that if I said “I don’t give a shit what the advice is I’ll be walking my dog”

We did get to post 5 before the abuse though

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes it's fine to walk your dog but keep it local and avoid other people. Last week in Spain it was one of the few ways you could legitimately go outside so folks were borrowing their neighbours dogs so they had the excuse to go out.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
This two metre thing, is there a time period to be aware of or are we literally talking ‘at all times’? I’ve been going on a run on my lunch break and as it’s fairly rural where I live I don’t encounter many others. However, there are moments (and I’m talking literally moments) whereby I might be within two metres of another soul when I overtake someone on a footpath.

Am I breaking the rules here? Is such an exposure sufficient to transmit the virus? Really scary if so, but then isn’t it all a bit folly if I need to pay someone for my food shop? I was going to get my hair cut this week, I assume I shouldn’t be doing that either? For me, the overriding message is pretty clear - don’t mix - but I’m still unsure about some of the more subtle nuances.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
This two metre thing, is there a time period to be aware of or are we literally talking ‘at all times’? I’ve been going on a run on my lunch break and as it’s fairly rural where I live I don’t encounter many others. However, there are moments (and I’m talking literally moments) whereby I might be within two metres of another soul when I overtake someone on a footpath.

Am I breaking the rules here? Is such an exposure sufficient to transmit the virus? Really scary if so, but then isn’t it all a bit folly if I need to pay someone for my food shop? I was going to get my hair cut this week, I assume I shouldn’t be doing that either? For me, the overriding message is pretty clear - don’t mix - but I’m still unsure about some of the more subtle nuances.

Hold your breath, I might be talking shite tho'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't know but I'm going to be mightily pissed off if we go into lockdown and only people with dogs are allowed out.

ive read in Paris this is the case, and people are renting dogs out.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Unless your barber has some really long scissors you probably should give that a miss to be honest.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’d only be that if I said “I don’t give a shit what the advice is I’ll be walking my dog”

We did get to post 5 before the abuse though

We're still walking to allotment, avoiding all maniacs with dogs.
It's the only way we can get exercise and fresh air.
Our garden is the size of a hobbits mirkin :)

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
dali.jpg
Dali walking his anteater

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Cissbury Ring area was really busy yesterday afternoon, including many groups that were obviously multiple families out together.

I’ve decided that for the longer walks we do, generally once a day, will be very early in the morning before most others are even out of bed.

On the 2-3 shorter walks we do on the Gallops in Findon every day, it is very easy to remain distant from anyone else out.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The Cissbury Ring area was really busy yesterday afternoon, including many groups that were obviously multiple families out together.

I’ve decided that for the longer walks we do, generally once a day, will be very early in the morning before most others are even out of bed.

On the 2-3 shorter walks we do on the Gallops in Findon every day, it is very easy to remain distant from anyone else out.

I'm amazed you managed to get Cissbury Ring and the gallops in one post :)

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Ditchling Beacon/Dyke have never been busier - and I've been walking my dogs around there for 20+ years. However, most people stay to the well trodden paths and it's possible to get off the beaten track and get some seclusion. The two-metre thing is OK unless you happen to go past someone the moment they cough/sneeze then the prevailing south-westerly might do for you. Stay upwind.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here