Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Out of contact players

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Apologies if this features elsewhere, (I did have a quick search)

Who out of our current first team squad are due to be out of contract at the end of the season. As such, we may have to do without if the season does get extended?

And do we think there should be a short transfer window prior to football starting up again to allow teams to address this potential issue?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
They should all be out of (physical) contact at the moment - self-isolating, just as a precaution, so that they are fit and ready to go whenever the season re-starts

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Out of contract not contact. Sorry just seen the typo in the title. Perhaps mods can change. Got it right in the body. Auto correct fail.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Oh ok. Not too much of a concern then for us. I guess there is potential for other teams to be affected disproportionately though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pretty certain that just as the season and final league placings are all under discussion so would be changes to the transfer window. Wouldn't worry about it just yet.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I imagine it’s relatively inevitable that those who are due to be out of contract on 30th of June will have their contracts extended to the end of the season (if it goes past that). Same with loans.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I imagine it’s relatively inevitable that those who are due to be out of contract on 30th of June will have their contracts extended to the end of the season (if it goes past that). Same with loans.

The TV income isn't increased to pay the extra months, and clubs will be cutting back as relegation/ survival won't be known - and the ongoing wage bill will still be ticking along nicely.

Harsh financial decisions coming very soon.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Can’t see a ball kicked until next year tbh.

I have no idea sadly if this is the case or otherwise but, one things for sure in my mind, there'll be no TV money coming in until it restarts, so contract negotiations will be influenced by that.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't forget loan players, as their loan contract will expire in May and will move back to their parent club. This is going to effect virtually all lower league teams who use younger players from PL and Championship teams.

Shame Leeds may have to complete their season without their player of the season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have no idea sadly if this is the case or otherwise but, one things for sure in my mind, there'll be no TV money coming in until it restarts, so contract negotiations will be influenced by that.
Might do football a favour in the long run, millions paid for average players out of control wage demands etc

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Albion are undoubtedly in the financial crusher right now with all income disappearing overnight.

So, if the season is extended after June 30th then Schelotto, and Kayal ( and Balogun ) are out of contract before it ends.

Even though the season may be continuing into July and beyond, an obvious saving is not to extend the contracts of these players, so it may be that they have already played their last games for the club.

Some harsh financial decisions coming unless certainty over a plan for this season and next season ( including which league the Albion will be in ) comes soon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the opposite is true - the players will be let go.

The wage bill is ticking over every month. Even when football restarts the TV cash won't cover the extra months.

Until certainty is agreed over next season, then this season is now all about financial cut backs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’d be more concerned with Bournemouth getting their injured players back on the pitch and others with long injury lists and picking up more points than they probably would’ve done in the normal current season
Bournemouth have 7-8 players out of contract on June 30th. They won't have extra money to extend their contracts, especially with relegation threatening.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Especially while the PFA are out to "save the NHS" and bankrupt all football clubs in the process re zero wage cuts

Triffic Rodney

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here