[Politics] The Brighton Jihadists

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How does the author know they were the only Muslim family in saltdean as he claims.

The author also says Saltdean is a village.
Not sure where the so called gang mentioned got their name Hill Street Gang from, there is no Hill Street in the Brighton area.

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
Mainly white converts between 13 to 18 years? That claim asks more questions than a typical Oikophobic article by the Guardian answers.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Great just what we need.

Another article dividing communities just when we are trying to get everyone to pull together.

I am not gonna even read the article. We have enough doom and gloom in our lives at the moment without more being piled on top.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great just what we need.

Another article dividing communities just when we are trying to get everyone to pull together.

I am not gonna even read the article. We have enough doom and gloom in our lives at the moment without more being piled on top.

Dont think you need to worry too much about it, give it another week and no-one will be remembering this article...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Don’t get Me started on these *****, double tap, job done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny, these guys thought picking a gun up was the way to sort things, and you think so too, similar sort of people, you and them really.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Read as far as ‘Saltdean’s only Muslim family’ which is complete and utter bollocks. I know a number of Muslims from Saltdean who have lived there without issue - including the El Abd family.

This lot caused nothing but problems from the moment they set foot in Saltdean and then played the racism card whenever things (regularly) spilled over.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The idea that Saltdean is a village, with only one Muslim family, is of course nonsense. Otherwise I think it is a pretty interesting and balanced article.

I think the writer is trying to suggest that the brothers, were allowed to leave the country on one way tickets, because they were profiled as coming from a non-radical middle class neighbourhood, which might well be true, but they way it is presented, does undermine the point.

What the gang decided to call themselves is neither here nor there and certainly a lot of the incidents recorded can be traced through the local press over the years.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What the gang decided to call themselves is neither here nor there and certainly a lot of the incidents recorded can be traced through the local press over the years.

I mentioned the gang name as I think it's made up by the author, I would be interested if anyone else had heard the gang name before or seen it in the incidents recorded in the local press.

We know at least 2 other things in the Guardian link about Saltdean are wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here