Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retail workers

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Whilst the country has gone mad in panic buying , I thing it would be fair to say well done to all the staff who work in some form of food retail, be that Supermarkets, convenience stores, corner shops , farm shops and Petrol stations who have had to deal with the explosion of sales and the increase of footfall.
We are all working as many hours as physically possible to get stock into our shops.
So any retail workers and food distributors reading this , well done and keep up the hard work, but stay safe.
And to others who are shopping remember to keep to a distance, do not try and push past staff stocking shelves, be patient and be respectful of other people space.
Keep safe everyone.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thanked the friendly chap at Asda today for his efforts, still friendly (at a distance) despite the mania. There’s a whole level of previously unappreciated workforce who are keeping the country going.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanked the friendly chap at Asda today for his efforts, still friendly (at a distance) despite the mania. There’s a whole level of previously unappreciated workforce who are keeping the country going.

Same here, polite and I thank them.

One called LBC this afternoon, telling of the intimidation and physical threats they face when trying to enforce shop rules in limiting items bought. Typically British “So what the f*ck are you going to do about pal, you’re just a shelf stacker”.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Same here, polite and I thank them.

One called LBC this afternoon, telling of the intimidation and physical threats they face when trying to enforce shop rules in limiting items bought. Typically British “So what the f*ck are you going to do about pal, you’re just a shelf stacker”.

I don't think that is 'Typically British'. But it is true of some.

Most folk have much respect for those who keep the food chain running.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
All retail workers over here in the biggest supermarket chain are getting a $2 an hour pay increase as a result of the increased footfall. Would be nice if they did the same in The UK!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I worked in retail 25 years ago and despite having some success in my career (and dabbling in politics) rate it as the most difficult job i ever did. You can tell everything about someones character by the way they treat shop workers.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I’ve made a point of thanking each member of staff I’ve encountered each time I’ve shopped, regardless of whether I’ve found the item I was looking for or not!

I wouldn’t fancy their job at the moment.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I saw the fear and reality biting in the eyes of some in Morrison's on Saturday. I'll be thanking everyone of them I encounter in any shop this week. I may be a critical worker myself now, but they are literally on the front line.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You can tell everything about someones character by the way they treat shop workers.

100% agree.

I left retail three years ago and I certainly wouldn't want to be doing that job now - they deserve all the thanks and support anyone can offer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here