Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest v Brighton, City Ground, 1979

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just trying to clear up an argument. One of our greatest victories, of course - but does anyone know how many home games Forest had gone unbeaten for before we played them? I'm sure it was a very long sequence (42 comes to mind) but can't remember the exact number.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Think 42 games was their unbeaten sequence home and away. Sources from Forest suggest our sneaky 1-0 win ended their 51 game unbeaten home record

I was there along with Driver 8 and our dad

42 games was a figure that I remember but couldn't think what it related to home or all games

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It was on MOTD. I recorded it on cassette tape! (Unfortunately lost after I lent it to Seagulls TV). Wonderful interviews with Mullery and Clough after the game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Had almost forgotten Moseley saved a penalty. Peter Suddaby MoM on his debut, Fozzie and Peter Ward also superb.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think 42 games was their unbeaten sequence home and away. Sources from Forest suggest our sneaky 1-0 win ended their 51 game unbeaten home record

Another one who was there. Seem to remember spending most of the match looking behind us and checking the clock slowly move towards the 90 mins. Think 51 home games was the record we ended for them (have a vague recollection that we 58 was the overall record, possibly Millwall or Mansfield).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wasn’t it also the first game back that lawrenson has for a long injury lay off?

As someone said above, longest game of my life and spent most of it looking at the clock behind the goal to our left.

It really was like the Alamo out there.....got a bit hairy after the game too making our way back to the train.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Wasn’t it also the first game back that lawrenson has for a long injury lay off?

As someone said above, longest game of my life and spent most of it looking at the clock behind the goal to our left.

It really was like the Alamo out there.....got a bit hairy after the game too making our way back to the train.

I thought the clock was on the floodlight behind us in the corner terrace we were in. May be my memory though!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

That is how I remember it too. Lawrenson was absolutely exhausted at the end and could hardly manage to walk off the pitch.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That is how I remember it too. Lawrenson was absolutely exhausted at the end and could hardly manage to walk off the pitch.

Peter Suddaby's debut, free signing from Blackpool and his claim to fame was he was dating a Nolan! Not sure anyone had heard of him before he signed.

Chipped cross from Lawrenson, nodded down by Ray Clarke and stabbed home through the mud by Ryan!!

And I seem to recall the usually reliable John Robertson missed a pen. Glad I got stuck on a train on the way to the league cup match a year earlier otherwise I might not have gone to this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here