Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Any photography people on here?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is this a fake photo

32D7D6FC-81C9-4C5B-BBDC-EB8B107E1C1B.jpeg

This is being touted to show the seafront heaving , when look at the photo....the toilets and the bandstand visible in the one shot. The zoom on that photo is miles

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is this a fake photo

View attachment 121336

This is being touted to show the seafront heaving , when look at the photo....the toilets and the bandstand visible in the one shot. The zoom on that photo is miles

Look ok to me, from the toilet block near left to the white building far right is about 800m or so.........I think an aerial shot of the same scene would indicate that the vast majority of people (couples excluded) are observing the guidelines on distancing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this a fake photo

View attachment 121336

What do you mean by fake photo? It is a zoom....are you suggesting people have been photoshopped in or what?

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
You could always ask the person that took it:

[tweet]1241321031689809920[/tweet]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
as people have said, zooms can compress depth considerably. I would think these people were quite apart. My one concern is that the 2 metre rule is predicated on no wind so germs fall to the floor in a short distance. I don't think that would have been the case in today's wind.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My point was the arsegas was using it to suggest that it was heaving and people were ignoring advice.... but we were there and people were observing staying distances away.

It set off the holier than thou brigade all over the web calling us all wankers based on a misleading photograph that was deliberate to cause alarm

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My point was the arsegas was using it to suggest that it was heaving and people were ignoring advice.... but we were there and people were observing staying distances away.

It set off the holier than thou brigade all over the web calling us all wankers based on a misleading photograph that was deliberate to cause alarm
Staying at home for was the better option for all, though ?

The message needs to be re-inforced constantly, so the argus is to be thanked in this case.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Look ok to me, from the toilet block near left to the white building far right is about 800m or so.........I think an aerial shot of the same scene would indicate that the vast majority of people (couples excluded) are observing the guidelines on distancing.

It's like when you look across the east lower from the north stand (remember those days?) and it looks completely packed. It's only when you watch highlights with the camera pointing from the west that you realise there were loads of gaps

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
It looks to me as suggested by others above that this photo was taken with a zoom lens, perhaps between 300 - 600mm greatly reducing the depth of field in order to get as much in as possible. This obviously makes everything look squashed up from back to front, but not side to side. Just the Arsgas doing what it does best - not really showing things how they really are.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I get confused over the distancing advice.

From a government site:

'Coronaviruses can be spread when people with the virus have close, sustained contact with people who are not infected. This typically means spending more than 15 minutes within two metres of an infected person, such as talking to someone for instance'

So I fail to see how a walk along the seafront, even if there is a few out, will cause much of a problem. Unless someone can correct me here. I'd like to know as I intend to take a long seafront walk, although not at a busy time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
'Coronaviruses can be spread when people with the virus have close, sustained contact with people who are not infected. This typically means spending more than 15 minutes within two metres of an infected person, such as talking to someone for instance'

I think this is very much up for debate.

My completely unscientific opinion here is: be more careful than that, although a walk shouldnt be much a risk.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Staying at home for was the better option for all, though ?

The message needs to be re-inforced constantly, so the argus is to be thanked in this case.

But that is the problem...that is not the message that is coming out.

The message is you can go out for exercise, and if you need to shop.. everyone on the seafront yesterday was exercising...as we have been told. Walking dogs, walking family etc. The dyke was the same, my golf course the same...people out exercising and yes taking precautions as we all need to do.

We are not yet in a total lockdown, and may well be next week, but until then we take the advice as given...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But that is the problem...that is not the message that is coming out.

The message is you can go out for exercise, and if you need to shop.. everyone on the seafront yesterday was exercising...as we have been told. Walking dogs, walking family etc. The dyke was the same, my golf course the same...people out exercising and yes taking precautions as we all need to do.

We are not yet in a total lockdown, and may well be next week, but until then we take the advice as given...

True, you are of course right. I think I interpreted the message as I wanted it to be, rather than what it actually was.

That being that exercising and dog walking etc. was to be done in the wilderness, not within the city, not everyone together at once.

So the message wasn't clear to me, as I interpreted it as stronger and harsher.

D

Deleted member 2719

Have you ever gobbed in the wind?
Gob tends to be considerable heavier than a cough/sneeze that would be atomised, so basically not a lot of nous appears to being used here.

I would prefer to be over 8 metres away and up wind.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
True, you are of course right. I think I interpreted the message as I wanted it to be, rather than what it actually was.

That being that exercising and dog walking etc. was to be done in the wilderness, not within the city, not everyone together at once.

So the message wasn't clear to me, as I interpreted it as stronger and harsher.

No problem mate.

I would have thought that the total lockdown will be happening this week.

Went for a walk on the downs up through Brighton and hove GC and the public bridleway down to the bypass and back up the path to the club via the old railway line...not many people about and those we passed we exchanged pleasantries from a decent distance.

The walk from the bypass up to the dyke is a brilliant, if energetic one!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Was anyone here actually out there?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ah. I see. Fair enough.

I will never forget the ludicrous lie painted on the wall of the Anus building back in the day: "Dick Damage reads the Argus". I'm sure he didn't, and neither would I.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Have you ever gobbed in the wind?
Gob tends to be considerable heavier than a cough/sneeze that would be atomised, so basically not a lot of nous appears to being used here.

I would prefer to be over 8 metres away and up wind.

According to the NHS, a sneeze range averages up to 1 metre, wheras the US CDC says 2 metres.
But on a windy day....???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here