Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mankind. Time to CHANGE

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A wake up call to all humans and not before time, we DO NOT own this planet.

We SHOULD NOT consider all the animal kingdom as OUR commodities to be used, abused, sold and murdered.

The natural resources are not ours to rape and pillage as we see fit.

We are just 1 species of millions, well not that many as we have made 70% of them extinct in the last 100 years since the last pandemic and it is true to say an enemy so small nobody can even see is bringing the Human Race to it's knees.

This is a lesson. I truly believe this

When this is all over we can only hope Humanity takes a long hard look at itself in the mirror and the appalling way it has behaved for far too long and makes HUGE changes in the way it acts and interacts in this world in the future and becomes a more benevolent and kind species with serious thought as to it's actions and it's consequences for ALL that live on it

It would have been worth it all then

That is my hope anyway x

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Well, yes. But when this event is over I suspect that a lot of people will be so desperate to get back to how things were that it will be difficult to get real change in behaviour.

Now, the rising sea levels might do something over the next 20 to 30 years or so.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My cynical theory, sadly, is that within a couple of years, the majority of folk in the UK and elsewhere will go back to their consumption, non-recycling and polluting worst. The “you only live once” selfish attitude.

But a sizeable, intelligent and caring minority, will heed some lessons.

I’d love to be wrong in that apportionment.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’ve got to be honest, I’ve been wondering this myself. We’ve been screwing the planet over for too long - overpopulation, mass pollution, deforestation, the lot.

We must be approaching the tipping point after which the planet cannot realistically be saved. Is this nature’s response to save itself? Makes you think. There’s part of me that wonders whether that’s just me looking for meaning in this disaster - but then you just look around you and you realise just how incredible nature can be. How powerful it can be. More powerful than all of humankind - Covid-19 is clear evidence of that.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I hope you're right but I fear money will always talk and so does power

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’ve got to be honest, I’ve been wondering this myself. We’ve been screwing the planet over for too long - overpopulation, mass pollution, deforestation, the lot.

We must be approaching the tipping point after which the planet cannot realistically be saved. Is this nature’s response to save itself? Makes you think. There’s part of me that wonders whether that’s just me looking for meaning in this disaster - but then you just look around you and you realise just how incredible nature can be. How powerful it can be. More powerful than all of humankind - Covid-19 is clear evidence of that.

Interesting thought. When this fat volanco on Iceland made headlines some 5-10 years ago I remember thinking "well, maybe this is the earth sneezing. The immune system of the planet." Of course nothing scientific about it but there's quite a few scientific discoveries yet to be made.

While we certainly do seem to believe so, its hard to imagine that humans could tame nature or destroy the planet before getting we get tamed or destroyed ourselves. Personally I believe our owners, the 0,0001%, at some point will go down the Malthusian road and just kill off 7 billion people or so to protect their playground. With automatisation, AI and all that shit they really wont need us as workers, bar a few hundred million slaves or so.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another thread from Preacher Spielberg, sigh

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are where we are. We are individuals that live inside networks. These are mostly small. We don't like diktats (unless we are German). We can't even abide being in the EU, FFS. We do what we do. We have done unimaginable things because of the freedom of the human spirit, and our rebellious resistance to diktat. We live and die by that sword. I'd rather live like a man than the other thing, wotsit, whatever it was, you know.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We are where we are. We are individuals that live inside networks. These are mostly small. We don't like diktats (unless we are German). We can't even abide being in the EU, FFS. We do what we do. We have done unimaginable things because of the freedom of the human spirit, and our rebellious resistance to diktat. We live and die by that sword. I'd rather live like a man than the other thing, wotsit, whatever it was, you know.

Neanderthal? [Boro supporters]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Neanderthal? [Boro supporters]

I was going to add 'die like a member of the Health and Safety Executive' but there is a range of possible things I'd rather not do, like :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ye they really loved the treaty of Versailles...

Happy with the ones they give, understandably less happy with the ones bestowed upon them. :sheep:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Have to agree with the OP on this, mankind needs to change and start respecting the environment. This encompasses the whole spectrum, so yes it needs look at deforestation, plastic and trophy hunting but within this country how many accept that killing badgers and foxes for profit and fun is ok.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
A wake up call to all humans and not before time, we DO NOT own this planet.

We SHOULD NOT consider all the animal kingdom as OUR commodities to be used, abused, sold and murdered.

The natural resources are not ours to rape and pillage as we see fit.

We are just 1 species of millions, well not that many as we have made 70% of them extinct in the last 100 years since the last pandemic and it is true to say an enemy so small nobody can even see is bringing the Human Race to it's knees.

This is a lesson. I truly believe this

When this is all over we can only hope Humanity takes a long hard look at itself in the mirror and the appalling way it has behaved for far too long and makes HUGE changes in the way it acts and interacts in this world in the future and becomes a more benevolent and kind species with serious thought as to it's actions and it's consequences for ALL that live on it

It would have been worth it all then

That is my hope anyway x

Agree with most of this.
Wasps though, they can Fock off...horrible twats

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
On my local Facebook site here in Spain someone posted "It's almost as if the World has said, "Go to your bedroom and think about what you have done"
Made me think!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Humanity way too selfish and ****ing retarded to change or learn anything from this...

This virus is a warning... if we don't learn from this one there will be one that wipes the majority of us out.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
May I just make the point, that we are not in the process of destroying the planet.

It's been through far worse than what mankind is doing to it.

What we are doing, is making a very successful job of destroying our own species, and most of the others at the same time. Eventually, we'll do to the whole planet what the Rapa Nui people did to Easter Island.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here