Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Out of his depth.

Says something then almost straight away contradicts himself, or clarification needs to be provided.

Anyone who is by his side at the current Virus daily conferences is far better than Johnson.

Yes, its a terrible situation, which many would struggle to come to terms with, but his bubbling, over confident style is not just suited to this crisis.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's not handling it. It's being handled by Public Health England and the Whitehall crew. Johnson is just a spokesperson.

If he's just saying 'yes' to those who are likely to know best and reading out his pre-prepared speeches, then I think he's doing fine.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Doing what he needs to do and mostly deferring to people who know better - it’s not something I’d want a politician handling anyway, so that’s fine. Sunak has been mightily impressive so far - unlike Boris, he is essentially the ‘expert’ on the economic side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he has chosen his sidekicks well, but I think it’s too early to make a decision. So far I have been quite impressed and think good leaders are judged by the people they surround themselves with. Sunak comes across very well, intelligent and articulate with an air of confidence. Can I go fence for the moment?

Doing OK for me at the moment. It’s going to get much worse before it gets better but he can’t be blamed for that

Strange and scary uncertain times

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Boris has done really well. We need a fella with an upbeat attitude in all this. Dread to think what it would have been like with Corbyn or May. Sunak has been a bloody inspiration though. He has been amazing. Considering the absolute shitstorm he has been thrown into and being a novice the bloke has been superb

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Difficult to answer without people saying I'm anti Johnson or a leftie.
He is in the main just a spokesman after advice.
But I think he should have been a bit stronger and we should be in lockdown now maybe as of last weekend.
But I'm not totally blaming him.
He has got the British public wrong again, but gave them a chance to do the right thing.
Panic buying has been appalling and selfish.
Thousands today going to beaches that had to be shut down.
People flooding down to Cornwall because they think we don't have it down here ( 4 died today in Cornwalls only hospital)
It seems that a number of our population just won't do the sensible thing that has been advised.
The lack of PPE has been poor.
The lack of testing has been poor.
And, of course, I am self employed so I am waiting to see what they are going to do to help us, I fear nothing much.
As I said, the advice has been good but what can you do if a number of the population are just plain stupid.
In hindsight he should have rationed and locked down a while back.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Difficult to answer without people saying I'm anti Johnson or a leftie.
He is in the main just a spokesman after advice.
But I think he should have been a bit stronger and we should be in lockdown now maybe as of last weekend.
But I'm not totally blaming him.
He has got the British public wrong again, but gave them a chance to do the right thing.
Panic buying has been appalling and selfish.
Thousands today going to beaches that had to be shut down.
People flooding down to Cornwall because they think we don't have it down here ( 4 died today in Cornwalls only hospital)
It seems that a number of our population just won't do the sensible thing that has been advised.
The lack of PPE has been poor.
The lack of testing has been poor.
And, of course, I am self employed so I am waiting to see what they are going to do to help us, I fear nothing much.
As I said, the advice has been good but what can you do if a number of the population are just plain stupid.
In hindsight he should have rationed and locked down a while back.

Boris is following his " experts " Cannot see what the bloke could have done more tbh

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Love the man and his assembled sidekicks. Really proud of our current British government. Certainly the best group of politicians in my lifetime.

Doing what is expected of this flu virus.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Didn’t Bozza want this in the COVID subsection?

Let us be clear. Boris had made no decisions he has followed the advice of his " experts "

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Love the man and his assembled sidekicks. Really proud of our current British government. Certainly the best group of politicians in my lifetime.

Doing what is expected of this flu virus.

Agreed

Jimmy Grimble

Boris is following his " experts " Cannot see what the bloke could have done more tbh

So if he’s following experts and you think it’s being handled well, surely you should be praising them - not Boris?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So if he’s following experts and you think it’s being handled well, surely you should be praising them - not Boris?

I am praising Boris for actually calling in the advice of the experts and having them in every update and following their advice

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The general mindset re Boris is he has actually surprised a lot of people how well he is doing with this. My Dad 85 who is a Tory and before Boris hater has said the fella has done very well so far. Before this he thought he was a clown but been very impressed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here