Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Grimble

I am praising Boris for actually calling in the advice of the experts and having them in every update and following their advice

In which case, that’s very easy praise.

The only way we’ll know how good a job he/they have done is when this is all over and there’s figures to compare how each country fared.

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Think he’s doing ok too.

Government being as proactive as they can and deferring to people who know what they are doing.

Quite refreshing from the usual know it all nature of politicians.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Boris, 20 March, says in live press conference that he "hope(s) to get to see her" [his 77-year-old mother] on Mother's Day.

Boris, 21 March:

mum-day.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If anyone could have been in charge now I am glad it is Boris.Whether you love him or hate him you cannot deny the fella's positivity and energy. And he is following his experts

el punal

The difference between Johnson and Trump when holding these conferences is remarkable, and frightening, at the same time. With Johnson, he defers to the experts in attendance. They give what information is required lucidly and truthfully. Johnson comes across well, is confident and more importantly is reassuring.

As for Trump, the man is a f***wit of the first order. Just for once I thought he might exude a bit of statesmanship, show that he’s a caring person, be a president that can lead his country and reassure its citizens. But no, he’s just the same idiot who lies, boasts, harangues, disputes, argues with everything and anybody that dares to challenge or contradict him. God help America with an oaf like him in charge. I’ll take Johnson any day.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are following and mirroring 14 days behind Italy.

I'll give him another 2 weeks and then see if he could have done things better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So far he has done extremely well and has assembled a team of experts who between them are very re-assuring.

The responses from Professor Whitty are clear, concise and more importantly explained very clearly the model used to give the answer. The Chancellor has been outstanding in his actions and also the rhetoric on the lines of we said we would etc seems to have ceased so I suspect this is a very much more cross party driven response as clearly some opposition MPs can make valid contributions as well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I am praising Boris for actually calling in the advice of the experts and having them in every update and following their advice

Even then, it would have been others who advised and put this together.

Politicians get far too much praise in crisis situations. There is a huge machinery that runs on their behalf and calendars their every move.

I'm really pleased with Johnson at the moment because he's staying the **** out of it and allowing those who know to get on with it. Same with all the other Tories at the top. Good stuff. I'd say the same whoever was in power.

So I voted 'Superb'

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I will say again. Boris has made 0 decisions he has listened to the the advice of his experts

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
What a fukken load of old shite. This is a global issue and all he had to do was tell himself not to be a kunnt. Couldn't stop himself from bragging about shaking all those hands at a recent hospital visit. All he's doing it cutting the ****ish comments and following scripts. The latter is what anyone in the same position would be doing. Getting a boner for him is as gay as fukk.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The difference between Johnson and Trump when holding these conferences is remarkable, and frightening, at the same time. With Johnson, he defers to the experts in attendance. They give what information is required lucidly and truthfully. Johnson comes across well, is confident and more importantly is reassuring.

As for Trump, the man is a f***wit of the first order. Just for once I thought he might exude a bit of statesmanship, show that he’s a caring person, be a president that can lead his country and reassure its citizens. But no, he’s just the same idiot who lies, boasts, harangues, disputes, argues with everything and anybody that dares to challenge or contradict him. God help America with an oaf like him in charge. I’ll take Johnson any day.

I agree Johnson comes across a lot better in the press conferences.

I do believe that also Trump is aware that he needs all the advice he can get at this point and is probably personally making very few decisions, there's just not a chance in hell he would admit it. Fortunately I dont think he is as blatantly stupid as he seem a lot of the time. Think his pathological vanity and pride make him seem worse than he is.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He's not handling it. It's being handled by Public Health England and the Whitehall crew. Johnson is just a spokesperson.

If he's just saying 'yes' to those who are likely to know best and reading out his pre-prepared speeches, then I think he's doing fine.

This

Doing what he needs to do and mostly deferring to people who know better - it’s not something I’d want a politician handling anyway, so that’s fine. Sunak has been mightily impressive so far - unlike Boris, he is essentially the ‘expert’ on the economic side.

and Sunak is just the same, which is fine. Impossible for him to have a handle on the treasury brief in such a short space of time, but doing what he is told and doing that fine

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

And therein lies my issue with him .

Along with his speaking on the subject which has no clarity and his sentences don't even make proper sense.

You are right. We are 14 days behind Italy. We are also 3 months behind China.

The guy has had the benefit of a crystal ball to see into the future and he has still been slow to act.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
As others have said he seems to have top notch advisors and he's letting them make the decisions and followed the science which is exactly the right thing to do. If anything could have been done differently it should have been to act on it sooner. Singapore and Hong Kong learnt from SARS and acted quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here