Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] A music recommendation for oldies and those who love 60s music

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have just watched The Story Of Ready Steady Go, the first dedicated British Pop music tv programme on BBC Iplayer

There is some fabulous footage and commentary about this ground breaking tv programme with footage I haven’t seen before featuring acts from the mid 60’s in a much less formulaic way than TOTP

I really do recommend it for those that love 60’s music of all genres

Here’s a taster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXP7tt7TQUk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
While it was a different time and its hard to blame someone for not predicting the future... surely quite a few people must have thought that was stupid.

I have absolutely no idea why it’s even on this thread :shrug:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Have just watched The Story Of Ready Steady Go, the first dedicated British Pop music tv programme on BBC Iplayer

There is some fabulous footage and commentary about this ground breaking tv programme with footage I haven’t seen before featuring acts from the mid 60’s in a much less formulaic way than TOTP

I really do recommend it for those that love 60’s music of all genres

Here’s a taster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXP7tt7TQUk

I always watch BBC4 on a Friday, the Ready Steady Go programmes last night was superb as was the Irish Rock.
I'm more 70s but I have some 60s that I really like and will put them on here later.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I always watch BBC4 on a Friday, the Ready Steady Go programmes last night was superb as was the Irish Rock.
I'm more 70s but I have some 60s that I really like and will put them on here later.

I watched BBC4 last night. After the RSG footage there was the Roy Orbison story which was great viewing too.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I was just about old enough to register Ready Steady Go when I was a kid. BBC 4's 2 programmes last night were cracking reminders of how innovative it was, Ironically it lost out to the more formulaic Top of the Pops which just religiously stuck to the Top 20. RSG was a pioneering show...…...…..but the miming was bloody terrible!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Funnily enough my brother-in-law, who by all accounts hates me, passed a message through my wife that I should watch it. When I was just a little popster, I used to try and tune in the tv to itv whenever I realised RSG was on, but it was doomed to failure. Peering through the snow on screen, I could vaguely see and sometimes hear the shadowy figures of the Stones, Dave Clark 5 etc., but I'm looking forward to watching on catch up - see what I missed!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Funnily enough my brother-in-law, who by all accounts hates me, passed a message through my wife that I should watch it. When I was just a little popster, I used to try and tune in the tv to itv whenever I realised RSG was on, but it was doomed to failure. Peering through the snow on screen, I could vaguely see and sometimes hear the shadowy figures of the Stones, Dave Clark 5 etc., but I'm looking forward to watching on catch up - see what I missed!

Please, please - not the Dave Clark 5!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here