Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pub takeaways heads-up

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A lot of pubs are doing cheap beer (bring your own container, knock on the back door) deals.

I just collared a gallon of Harveys from my local, feller only wanted a tenner (gave him 20 - I'd easily spend more than that on a weekend). He said it wouldn't last the shutdown so was looking to make a bit back.

Might be worth checking facebook/twitter or giving them a bell.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Just posted this on another thread.
The Cricketers in Broadwater are selling off their beer cheap before they have to throw it down the drain. Just need to take a container to put it in. I do believe it’s £2 a pint.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Time to give support to your favourite pubs and restaurants folks. Give them a call, ask them how you can best help get them through this. Also try and smile at your shop server. They're going through more than you are. As for your local key workers, treat them with the utter utmost respect they should have had all along, and try and support them over and above the same way as they'd support you

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
A lot of pubs are doing cheap beer (bring your own container, knock on the back door) deals.

I just collared a gallon of Harveys from my local, feller only wanted a tenner (gave him 20 - I'd easily spend more than that on a weekend). He said it wouldn't last the shutdown so was looking to make a bit back.

Might be worth checking facebook/twitter or giving them a bell.

Fair play to you for giving what you thought was a fair price rather than taking advantage of the situation.

Jul 7, 2003
I believe the Fox & Finch in Worthing are doing the same this evening

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why not just open your mouth :D

image.jpeg

:smile:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think a few are going to be doing takeaway, get yourself a flagon for repeat visits. draft ale should keep well for a couple of days (bright beer upto a week) in a sealed vessel, cool and dark (garage or cupboard).

bear in mind a lot of pubs will be taking loans to cover costs over this period, so remember they (and other small business) will most need support when they reopen to help pay back those loans. :cheers: :drink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

AlwaysASeagull

Apr 29, 2016
I know the Gather Inn by Hove Lagoon are offering take-out / delivered Sunday roast dinners tomorrow, as well as take-out beers, ciders, wines etc. Think people can contact them over Facebook to order

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here