Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Are we a cult?

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
So with the how social distancing/isolation thing going on, I thought I would introduce my missus to the world of NSC. I started off with some classics like the WHC and the 'Swansman vs Paul Barber' thread. After a while she said we were basically an online cult and Brighton is just as the superficial bait at the surface to get people hooked.

This got me wondering, with the amount of time some spend on here - and will be with coronavirus - does she have a point?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m not sure there is a higher purpose to which we are all working though.
On the other hand we all do hand over vast sums of money to the spiritual leader (the Albion, not [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ).

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Swansman v Barber is a classic? Should've led with Fireman Dan.

Or 'Jamie', a very early example of social media power. Not necessarily for good of course.

Lots of positives on NSC and I have been able to give people some free professional advice via PMs about Asbestos Issues for example.

And there is Crodonilson's Most Famous Supporter feature, can't get that anywhere else on the internet! :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I've always thought it was a care in the community scheme and all the other posters are actually 5 care professionals :down:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Unless there were threads discussing all the soap operas on telly, my missus would not be anywhere near this place.
IF there were threads discussing all the soaps on telly, I would not be near this place

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The word cult is often used in a very broad sense these days.. eg to describe a t v show with a particular loyal audience.....
But really cults are highly controlled groups with veneration to a leader , and they make it hard to leave..
so No... , we are just a group of fans fixed on The Albion , ....nothing else in common. It’s great ! A healthy distraction from the cares of life.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is the opposite of a cult, in fact, in that anyone who posts on here because they have an agenda eventually gets driven out, with the swiftness of the ejection proportional to the relentlessness of their pursuit of it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here