Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Government’s 80% wage pledge

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is the simple "social distancing" clause as well - they will just say they can't bring everyone back because they can't space them out. They can also get away with it because where are you going to get another job if you tell them to stuff it? Especially if, like us, you don't know if other jobs in the household are secure.

The weird thing is that I thought the announced changes would be more "Tory". But they seem to be more generous than I thought whilst risking more unemployment than I thought. I would imagine there are a fair few small businesses that don't even have reserves of 5% of their payroll for the first month, let alone the additional 10% and then 20% after. Great incentive to get businesses back to work BUT only if they are allowed to trade.

I’ll probably face a backlash from the party political fanatics, but I like to think that Sunak only (a big “only”) did what Starmer or McDonnell would also have done. Very sensible, generous, for now it’s saved the vast majority of businesses and jobs. A no brainer really, it’s been widely praised by the likes of Len McCluskey and the SNP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here