Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Another possible distraction? - How about a 'Classic Matches' series.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Granted this might not be that much of a distraction as we've spent the last x years discussing 'the good old days'.

Nevertheless perhaps a day reliving specific Albion memories from one match, before moving onto the next, might be fun.

This all stems from Spencer Vignes posting this picture on Twitter:-

Classic games.jpg

There is other content, but that's such a great photo I think I'll just leave it as a stand alone piece instead of clutering up #1.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Away at Peterborough in ‘86 ? If so, that has to be one of the best aways ever. Crammed into that end behind the goal and feared for my life at the end but the quality of the atmosphere was only matched by the awfulness of the football on that snowy pitch. Were there 7000 Albion up there in a 15000 crowd ? Only two exits as I recall and at the end we were swaying back and forth trying to reach them.
As you were if I have the wrong match.

Edit: Hmm, no fences in that pic though.

Another edit: I went with a Sheffield Utd fan who said it was the best atmosphere he had ever been in.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Away at Peterborough in ‘86 ? If so, that has to be one of the best aways ever. Crammed into that end behind the goal and feared for my life at the end but the quality of the atmosphere was only matched by the awfulness of the football on that snowy pitch. Were there 7000 Albion up there in a 15000 crowd ? Only two exits as I recall and at the end we were swaying back and forth trying to reach them.
As you were if I have the wrong match.

Edit: Hmm, no fences in that pic though.

Another edit: I went with a Sheffield Utd fan who said it was the best atmosphere he had ever been in.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
My outstanding crowd memory of that game is the fan who said the Justin Fashanu looked like Bambi On Ice :lolol:

It was a bit hairy in that away end though, we were crammed in

Posh Match report

M http://www.theposhtrust.co.uk/museu...osh-v-brighton-fa-cup-5th-rd-15-february-1986

enjoyed that match report

Dean Saunders goal had more than a hint of offside about it :lol:

blimey,Kowalski didn't realise he played in that game,an old Chesterfield stalwart

for the life of me,I can't remember Danny Wilson playing for Chesterfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here